PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 on tablets

geddy
27-11-08, 16:07
Hi all,
I'm on day 3 of taking Venlafaxine and so far doing ok ish! Bit dizzy and head wooshing every now and then, its most strange when suddenly eyes go funny and i feel kind of like a buzz!!!! Not a bad feeling really!
Today im feeing quite spaced out and drowsy.... is this normal??

Anyone with any positive expreiences on this tablet? Im not very happy to be back on Anti- Depress meds BUT i guess if it breaks the cycle i have gotteb into its worth a try......isnt it?/??

jo61
27-11-08, 23:10
Sorry, can't be positive about this drug. It did nothing for me and after 18 months I couldn't get off it. Then my shrink switched me to another drug and finally since last May I'm off it - yay. This might not be what you want to hear but it was the reality for me. I took great pleasure recently in handing in old effexor meds for disposal.
:hugs:

MyNameIsntRich
28-11-08, 06:45
Please be sure to take effexor on time. It almost sounds like your describing the withdraw symptoms. However what you said was happening it is quite normal. also just a note you may want to remember that effexor has a extreamly short half life. Were talking a half hour to 4 hours before you can feel the withdraw. It is vital to take effexor at the same time daily.

Like the other poster i have nothing positive to say about it. I would ask your dr to try something less risky. and use this class of anti depressant as a last resort.

geddy
28-11-08, 10:10
Have decided after doing a LOT of research im not taking anymore tablets!!!

Only had 3 , so hopefully i wont suffer to badly form wothdrawls! Going to switch to 5htp and give the natural route a chance!!!!

Do you think i should leave it a couple of days before taking any 5htp, or start staright away?

MyNameIsntRich
29-11-08, 08:56
You need to talk to your dr before stopping, really un wise to do otherwise.

geddy
29-11-08, 15:57
Well i stopped after just 3 days!

Was a bit shaky and felt bit woozy yesterday, but feel fine today! Apart from a little anxious , but hey...... 4 kids and christmas around corner!!

Have decided to give 5 htp a go instead of anti depre!!!!

Will keep you all informed :o)