PDA

View Full Version : Help!! depersonalisation/derealisation

Cheeky220
27-11-08, 18:05
Hi

Been suffering this for over a month. Keep looking around at other people and thinking how are they managing to live feeling so normal and i cant rememeber what normal feels like and i keep trying to. i cant think how i have managed to live all these years now life seems so strange and out of touch and like none of it ever happened. i feel that im gonna be stuck like this.its like life doesnt make sense anymore?!? and like everything previous has never happened. how on earth can you recover from this is it possible?

sabotage
28-11-08, 01:34
I've had that DP thing from the beginning when i wasnt on meds.
After taking Zoloft for 3 months the depersonalization went away. Chest tightness and breathing problems went away. I sleep better. I eat better.
Good lukc to you bro!

anx mum
28-11-08, 10:17
Hi know how u feel i have been feeling like this for 3 months and its really getting me down. Im housebound scared to go out.

BasilCat
28-11-08, 10:41
Hi anx mum, I know how you feel too. I have been this way on and off for 2.5 years. I have had to dare my self to go out and do things and have often sat here crying my eyes out. But I have made myself do things and finally I think its paying off. I have posted on the subject of depersonalisation (or unreality as I call it) only the other day at another thread, but I think whats helped me is taking things one step at a time. At one point I dare not go into a shop if I couldnt park right outside and I was only driving a mile or two from home at the time too. Darent go any further. Now I can virtually walk all round town. Its taken time and doing it over and over again. But now I am a bit less scared and not as "impressed" by how I am feeling. The thing is to get your focus elsewhere. I have noticed that if I get my focus off the unreality and "enjoy" looking in the shops or chatting with friends, the unreality isnt there.
At one point I wouldnt go anywhere with anyone in case I couldnt cope with how I was feeling. But I am now going a bit further in the car with hubby and kids and even walked round Chester the other week with them.

I am not 100% yet, but small steps will help you. In fact you can read up about this at www.anxietynomore.co.uk (http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk) You will see Depersonalisation at the bottom of the list on the left hand side of the home page. I just keep telling myself that its nothing to be scared of and nothing bad will happen.

We will get over this anx mum.

Take Care
Shirley

Pippage
03-12-08, 13:18
I have had this for over 3 years now, triggered by anxiety after having a seizure.Just starting to get better but one thing that really bothers me is obsessively trying to think myself better by thinking of other people and how they 'be'. It drives me nuts and I know it is counterproductive but I have real problems stopping it. Grrr!