PDA

View Full Version : Am I finally going mad!!!!!!

sadie
19-06-05, 12:46
Hi all,

I feel I am finally losing the plot after my new health worry.......

I have a broken molar at the back which I am embarassed to say I have had for about 3/4 weeks and should have been to the dentist but its caused me no problems until now.....

Its starting to nag a little and I have a really horrible taste in my mouth too. I do suffer lots of tastes in my mouth due to sinus/PND problems but I do think this is coming from my touth. Anyway, I am now worrying that I have an infection and maybe that will go into my brain .... and maybe somehow affect my heart.... I do not know how and why I think this but I do and I feel really worked up!!!!

I ahev also read that in rare cases a sinsu infection can affect your brain and this too has me worried.

Can this happen and should I be worried? Or is this just anxiety and that my touth will be ok as long as I make an appt for tommorrow and get it fixed?

sadie

florence
19-06-05, 13:37
Hi Sadie

i am sure you worry about things that won't happen, we all do!! This anxiety makes us think so irrationally and we worry about all sorts, even crazy stuff, huh?
You won't have a brain tumour.
I am sure once your tooth will be fixed, it will be ok, just see your dentist.
And about your worry concerning sinus infection, ask your doc about it.
You know these are just worries, nothing else. Nothing will happen.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

sadie
19-06-05, 15:16
Thanks Florence for your reply....

I know I am just letting my mind run riot at the moment... I go through stages were I can keep things in perspective and others when I just cant...

I feel destined in a way to be like this forever... not a good way to think I know but I just cant stop the worrying thoughts. I keep a diary and write them down and try and make sense of them and this helps me to feel better for that short while until I get another chest pain or soemthing and I am back to worrying about heart attacks etc... maybe I am not doing it right!!

I hope your well though.

sadie

Quirky
19-06-05, 17:14
Hi Sadie,

Don't worry you're not going mad, just letting your mind get carried away, don't worry I've been there several times, I know how you feel.
It seems so real when it's happening and once it's over and I'm rational I can't believe how much I worried about nothing.
I had a throaty virus about a month ago and ever since I've had a taste in my throat too, although now it's only occasionally. I also have PND which could be the culprit. The PND has been worse since the virus but then so have my allergies so it's hard to tell. I also keep getting a slight temperature of 37.3 and other times it's normal. This could just be the hot weather though. I've been thinking I've got a sinus infection too, so I really know how you feel.
It sounds like your problem is just your tooth, I'd see a dentist and get it checked out.
Take care,

LJ x

henri
19-06-05, 18:08
hi sadie,
we have all done that thing of convincing ourselves something dreadful is wrong with us. i am sure there is nothing more seriously wrong with you than a broken tooth!
i know it's horrible having to go to the dentist but if you go, at least he will be able to reassure you that you are fine and just need to have your tooth fixed.
we will all support you through it!
henri x

pips
19-06-05, 21:22
Hi Sadie,:)

You not going Mad I promise you. It's just the mind doing all that horid irrational thinking which is so easy to do as its what us anxiety sufferers seem to be best at![No][Oops!]

You will be fine hun don't worry i'm sure you will feel better once you have made the appointment.[Yeah!]

Take care,;)

Love PIP'S X X

seh1980
19-06-05, 22:28
aaawwww Sadie - we have all been in your position at some point, trust me. We all get paranoid about ridiculous thoughts that enter our minds. Make an appointment and put your mind at ease..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

chucklehound
20-06-05, 13:55
Try not to worry. I have broken tooth that makes me have a gross taste in my mouth. I dont know exactly what it is but it is nothing serious..

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-