PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ivan.

sabotage
27-11-08, 22:29
Hi, my name is Ivan. 20 yrs old. Iam originally from Russia. Live in USA right now.
I was a frequent Ganja smoker. Never had any problems. Until 1 day i was going to sleep and i started to worry for no reason. Then it felt like i cant take a breath and like i cant feel my own breathing type thing. Right after that i started worrying even harder ofcourse. Heartbeat escalated, BP was higher than usual. That was my first panic attack. My worst panic attack ( 2nd) Was at the same time ofthe day, i was going to sleep but was pushed out of it by very weird and strange feeling, not really impending doom. But i emidiately got out of the bad, went to check my BP and it was 198/100 108 hearbeats per minute! I started to worry even more after i seen the BP readings and it felt like i was going to feint, i got very weak, almost fell . My father took me out on fresh air and i threw up. Doctor has put me on Zoloft, i have been taking it for 3 months now. I havent had a fully blown panic attack since, but i dont think i have fully recovered.

Iam asking for an advice how to manage my health. Iam smoking cigarettes ( parliament lights) , i dont drink. I skateboard.

I was wondering if i can ever smoke cannabis again..... :blush:

Anxious_gal
27-11-08, 23:00
sorry but..........if you want to get over this anxiety you can never smoke weed or do any type of drug, hell you'll be lucky to just drink coffee.
i started off with anxiety which over the years turned into agoraphobia and health anxiety, i never did drugs but weed can totally cause anxiety and if you want a normal life where you don't worry about things or panic for no reason then don't do drugs.
welcome! you'll definitely get support and good advice here x

Veronica H
27-11-08, 23:36
:welcome: Ivan, Mishel is right I am afraid. You have to give up drugs. You will find comfort and support at NMP though.

Veronica

sabotage
27-11-08, 23:47
Thanks for greetings :)
I'd like to say that i dont want to do drugs anymore.
I can drink coffee while on zoloft right now.
I dont want to smoke cannabis like i used, 1-2 grams a day.
I want to smoke 1 gram a month after my panic attack problem is rulled out and iam off Zoloft. Cannabis is not a drug IMHO. Alcohol is alot worse...

pooh
28-11-08, 02:52
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

the reality is you can continue or at some point go back to smoking cannabis but it is absolutely one of the worst things you will do in terms of your anxiety. If not the cause it will definately have been a contributor to having panic attacks in the first place. Bottom line its your choice...choose wisely.

Pooh x

weeble40
28-11-08, 19:22
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

IrinaSmirnova
30-11-08, 04:04
Hi Ivan! Welcome! I too from Russia.