PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible

Shaky
28-11-08, 02:04
That an event that happened many years ago, that really freaked you out could cause anxiety later on with no effects untill the anxiety?

Natural Mystic
28-11-08, 03:46
Absolutely it is hon, it could be to do with pstd

HollyisCrazy.com
28-11-08, 07:28
Definately.... I was in a serious car crash and once I got over the injuries I managed to start living my life again including driving everywhere. 5 years later I started to have severe panic attacks whilst behind the wheel. It came on so suddenly and it took me a long time to realise what was actually going on...
I can now drive again but not on any fast roads. It's important that you accept that what is happening is happening for a reason - that secretly your body and mind weren't coping with the situation at all.
I know that anxiety can be crippling, but keep faith. You will get better. x

Ddcoo
28-11-08, 08:51
Most definitely, I am having counselling for things that happened years ago. It would be good if we could deal with the bad situations properly at the time, but no-one realises what their brain is doing when it happens. I hope I am going to be able to find the answer and avoid future problems.

Shaky
28-11-08, 10:27
Thanks for you replies guys. Could it be possible for the event to have happened up to 10 years ago?

I've never told anyone about it before.

I was at a friends house one night when his dad came back from the pub with a curry for his wife who was asleep we were still awake as there was some boxing on the t.v he woke her up and she had a go at him when all of a sudden he flipped out messed up the house etc then said he was gonna kill us all, he went and got a knife and tried to attack us, we just ran out in the street in our pjs with no shoes. We ran flat out for a good 2-3 minutes and hid in a garden he drove past us obviously looking for us. when we got to her friends house i remember just shaking for 2 hours straight. I was 13 at the time and my mates mom made me keep it quiet.

EmmaJane
28-11-08, 10:31
Hi Shaky,

Yes it could definitely be to do with this. We tend to suppress and block the negative things. They do need to be addressed for you to move on with your life. Is it worth asking your GP if you can see a councillor about this? 13 is a very impressionable age.

EdwardP
28-11-08, 12:04
It can. Take for example that you were locked into a car and the driver wouldn't let you out. You could get over it and then years later if you were innocently locked in again you could remember the incident and completely start getting anxious and having panic attacks each time you went near a car. Just an example.

titch
28-11-08, 12:12
it is possible..i think this is a definate cause to your anxiety..like some one mentioned earlier it could be p.t.s.d...... maybe talk to a councillor hun...xxx

Shaky
28-11-08, 12:22
Well for the last few months theres been a lot in the paper about knife crimes etc that made me anxious. Then today about the terrorist attack in india and it showed you dead bodies, really cranked up my anx