PDA

View Full Version : Back of knee/leg bumpiness - freaking out!

mlazar
28-11-08, 03:01
Hi all,
I've been relatively hypochondria free since last spring - I was around here then complainign of a swollen, hard lymph node. It hasn't changed and I had it ultrasounded - a radiologist called it "benign", so I guess it's alright. My father passed away from cancer in October so now that my mind is free from the daily stress of that ordeal, of course I'm reverting bck to the old worrying again.....

Basically, lately, dozens upon dozens of small bumps have appeared on the backs of my legs, around the knee and up the hip. NOW I immediately freaked out because of my latent lymphoma fears (with the nodes and stuff), and I know you've got nodes back there. Like for example, there's several pea-sized hard bumps running up the tendon (or ligament, whatever that elastic-y thing is behind your knee).

The entire backs of my hips feel bumpy, all the way up the hamstring. "Bumpy muscles?" That's the only reason I'm not freaking out - I know we don't have THAT many lymph nodes there, so chances are they're not the problem. But I'm still tired of finding little bumps everywhere, they scare the s**tout of me and I ALWAYS assume "oh, there's the undiagnosed lymphoma, spreading." Soooooo frustrating.

I've been doing a lot of running this fall on paved sidewalk, and I'm wondering if I'm causing muscle damage instead of contracting cancer. The first situation is preferable, no doubt! maybe that could be causing it? I may see a GP soon, but I'd like to make it through ONE school term without running in there crying wolf.....:(

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter