PDA

View Full Version : physical injury from sexual abuse

ade
28-11-08, 10:31
anyone who has read my 'endgame' post in success stories will know i am a very happy man,but even when my mind is smiling upon each day,the pain from the physical damage done to me can reoccurr at any moment,and oh my does it hurt.
i suffer a diagnosed condition common to the type of rape i suffered.i dont want to be anymore specific for reasons of dignity.but the meds i take hardly touch the pain,and i am left crying in agony alone in the bathroom.my dearest wife finds me sobbing and begs me to take the only meds that actually work,so i do,and the relief is like a warm sunrise.the meds i refer to is herbal xxxxx and i only advocate its use for pain relief,im sorry but it works.anyway,thats my business!
the point is....however happy i am,however busy,this real proctalgia,a violent muscle spasm,never goes and i get angry that despite all the fighting and struggling against it all,this pain strikes indiscriminately and i am left telling my wee ones that daddy has a sore tummy.:lac:

ladybird64
28-11-08, 11:28
No words of wisdom ade, just ones of admiration.
I havr read many of your posts and you really are a survivor in the truest sense of the word..your post in success stories was incredible.:)
I'm so sorry that you have been left not only psychological but physical scars from what you have suffered..I can only wish you strength to cope with both and continued happiness with your lovely family.

Lynnann
29-11-08, 03:23
Hi Ade,

You have endured so much in your lifetime that you should never have experienced and the outcome! You are one of the most caring and considerate individuals that I have ever come across.

You protect your children from the horrors that you have experienced.

You have so much, in the repsect that your family loves you dearly and so they should as it is what you deserve; to be loved and cherished.

The physical pain, if you have to take meds to manage; then take the meds, your soul is the important thing and your soul is pure and always will be.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

marie1974
29-11-08, 09:59
hi ade when ever i read your posts i always think wot a trully remarkable person u r, despite the horrendous things u have been through in your life, u continue to b happy with your lovely beautiful family and try to not let this beat u in anyway and u have done brilliant.

the physical pain must b so dreadful and i really struggle wot to say cos i cant imagine really wot u have suffered but i guess u have to take wot ever works for you.
as for the mental side of this, if u dont mind me asking, have u had counselling and help with all this? im sure you probably have, so im sorry if u have already explained this, im just wondering if keep talking to counsellors and working through things, helps you to deal with this in some sort of way?

huge hugs to u cos u have come such a long way and im glad u have your lovely family to help take your mind off things, hugs to u all xxxxx

Oceanblue
29-11-08, 10:41
Thinking of you.

Take good care of yourself Ade.

Sending (((hugs))) and love xxx

Lynnann
30-11-08, 15:21
Hi Ade,

Sending you a hug today:flowers: and hoping you are having a better day

Lynnann

ade
10-12-08, 11:38
thank you all for your kindness
its honey to a bee
oceans of love
ade xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:flowers:

Remus
11-12-08, 10:36
I have something like this as I was sexually abused as a child, I suffer more discomfort than pain though, I met another abuse survivor who had an operation to repair the damage, is that an option with you?

ade
12-12-08, 12:13
hi remus
i had investigative surgery around 3 years ago as the bowel pain resembled bowel cancer symptoms, they did 3 biopsies and they all came back clear,my doctor says the damage is not repairable and will cause me pain.thanks ade

Remus
20-12-08, 08:59
thats a shame :(

ade
08-01-09, 15:53
in some ways the pain and the damage is at least honestly observed and
not denied and serves as an affirmation of what i have survived,i have had counselling by a senior consultant on this injury and what he said really did reassure me .