PDA

View Full Version : A year on and still have days like this!!

jellybean43
28-11-08, 10:55
Hi
It is a year today(just looking in my diary!) since I first went to my GP worrying about a swelling above my right clavicle.
I had all the tests going(bloods, chest x ray) and saw 3 doctors and was finally referred for CBT which i am still having now.I had convinced myself that i had lymphoma!!!I can still feel something above my clavicle but it tends to be there when i move and i think a year on it would be worse and i would be feeling quite ill by now!!!
I have definately been a lot better------but I still do have the odd days where i start to panic and worry that they missed something:mad:
I have started getting all stressed again about night sweats---I was going to google today and had to FORCE myself to come on here instead. I do tend to have the house quite warm so that when i go to bed the bedroom is very warm. I have a thin duvet and a thick one and in winter i put the thin one on and just half the bed with the thick one(over my feet). OH works nights so i dont like being cold!!I then wake up a few hours later with my hair line sweating and my chest slightly sweaty in between my boobs!!!! No where else!!This is most nights.
OH says i need to turn the heating off a good while before bed and just have the thin duvet on and i will be fine!!!He says i have always suffered this ever since he has known me(15 years ha!!!).
I just hate this HA!!!Thought it had nearly gone and now i am starting to worry again. Any thoughts please???
Thanks everyone xx

jellybean43
28-11-08, 18:04
Anyone?? xx

jwoulf
28-11-08, 18:18
I've been this way since I was a child. And now I am 25 and it's worse than ever. I understand what you're going through.

tashbarnes87
28-11-08, 20:11
Hi jellybean, sorry you are having a bad time with your HA i think its the time of year at the mo. I know what you mean about nightsweats, i have been having them every night for about 3 months i mean the type of sweats where the duvet is soaked and i am shivering i then checked my glands ( why o why) and i have a raised lump under my arm. Sheer panic and for the next week convince myself i am dying of lymphoma. Turns out my gland isnt raised at all but its just the way my arm looks, and the night sweats are becuase i am pregnant and too hot in bed. I really worked myself up to the point of nearly being sick. silly really :) i know what your going through. Please dont google as it will set you back its the worst thing ever. I put tongue in to google the other day and literally the first page said cancer about 10 times, its so stupid but we all do it lol

Take carexx

JMR
15-12-08, 00:08
Hi Jellybean..

I'm new to the site, but was reading about your fear of lymphoma the other night, after I had spent hours googling and feeling increasingly fearful of the same disease - (see my thread on 14.12.08 titled Health Anxiety? Blood Count). Your story struck such a chord with me and inspired me to join and share my similiar concerns. I have been reassured to a huge degree by the replies from Nickieb earlier, but I cannot totally 'switch off' from my panic. It is the 1st thing on my mind in the morning and I don't feel I can concentrate or enjoy any nice event..etc. I am reassured that the Dr doesn't seem overly concerned, but why did the word haematologist have to come up in conversation! I know I'll struggle to accept the reassurance and not return for further tests unless I suddenly descend into a panic which galvanises me and I have to go immediately while my 'courage' is high, but even if I manage to avoid going to the Drs, as I usually do...I will still fear the next time I have to have a blood test in case my lymphocyte count has not improved or even worse has deterioterated..
I don't know what I expect anyone to say, but it's just so reassuring to read that other's understand the intensity of the fear.
Hope that you are feeling less anxious, though I suspect like me that any relief from worry about symptoms is transient..
I have worried about lymphoma consciously and sub-consciously for a very long time, also had a 'scare' with breast lump four years ago which I freaked out over! Google has me swaying alternately between reassurance and blind panic...not good. Particularly worried about the Epstein-Barr link as I had Glandular Fever badly in 1986 and a recurrence in 1995, and have read of increased risk to lymphoma, also my Dad died of NHL in 1986.
Sorry to go on and to contact you specifically, but as I say it was your story which I read and felt very empathic towards, as I can identify many of your thoughts, behaviour and feelings in myself with regards to this fear...
Warm regards
J. :)