PDA

View Full Version : Shaking leg...

PhoenixGrey
28-11-08, 17:37
You know when you hold your heel slightly off the floor and your knee shakes - since I've been taking Fluoxetine I've noticed I do this incessantly all the time, I dont notice I'm doing it but then when I do I don't really want to stop it cause within minutes I'll be doing it again - It's doing my head in, is it just a result of me transferring my anxiety? Or could it be something to do with the Fluoxetine?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Laura

bottleblond
28-11-08, 18:01
Hi Laura

How long have you been on your meds?

Love Lisa
x

PhoenixGrey
28-11-08, 18:06
It's been.... 11 days - but I can't tell you how long the leg thing has been happening, I only know that i've only noticed it over the past week.

bottleblond
28-11-08, 18:16
I'm not any medical expert hun but it's a huge possibility that it's a side effect from your medication. The good thing with that though is, they don't last long and will probably dissapear before you know it.

Love Lisa
xxxx

Remus
28-11-08, 19:41
god I've done this for years! and I dont take meds, used to do my mums nut in lol, got called "shankin stevens" when at college

still shake my legs now, thought it was a nervous thingy

Panic08
11-12-08, 01:45
i used to do it occasionally funny tho that i'm on this and my sister is too and ever since were banished to sit on a sofa together so our shaking legs don't annoy everyone else, nobody ever said anything before that

Remus
11-12-08, 10:39
lol I'm banished to an armchair

Panic08
12-12-08, 23:57
lol we at least we can sit by ourselves happily shakin away, we could prob give som elvis impersonators a run for their money!

lily18
14-12-08, 15:32
I have just started taking Fluoxetine and this happens to me all the time, people look at me funny cos my chair always shakes but when I realise I'm doing it I stop, then I do something else and my leg does it again.. weird! I think it's a side effect, hopefully it will die down, but we can look cool for a bit longer with the shaking legs.. :)

PhoenixGrey
14-12-08, 17:07
Brilliant, my friends keep pouncing on my leg like cats at the moment trying to make it stop moving - i cant help it!

Although i have noticed it has faded as my condition has improved... See how it goes!

StandFree1903
24-12-08, 23:19
hiya

I too have the shaking leg but i got it before i even started takin anti-depreassants when i was 11, so to me its anxiety related.....

its just omething tht ur brain tells u to do to take ur mind off the anxiety, ive done it so much ive actually given myself muscle spams. so dont worry.

hope this helps

Pamii

xx