PDA

View Full Version : anxeity/panic attacts & missed heart beats! advice plz

boroguy1990
28-11-08, 20:14
Okay so im new to this... my names Ian, im 18 & im a full time carer for my 43 yr old mum & a 12 yr old brother, a 13 yr old sister & a 13 yr old brother. I've been the main carer for over 2 years now & ive anxeirty attacks & panic attacks for that long only its rly got worse then ever which is why i went the doctors a few weeks ago & he told me it was stress & anxeity, & assured me there was nottin wrong with my heart but booked me an appointment at the hospital for a scan... then when i went for the results at the hosptial they also assured me everything was fine & its just stress. my old doctor did give me some promethazine hydrochloride tablets to help me sleep as i can never sleep, i dnt usually get to sleep till 4am cuz im walkin round the house cuz i feel like i cant breath & i hve panic attacks and i feel like i cant do nything, i feel like im dyin sometimes cuz my heart feels like its stopped... but im guessin that it is just skippin beats? but when it feels like its stopped i go all dizzy and feel like im gonna pass out & it rly feels like i cant breath! but nyway ive changed doctors as well & basically he sed the same & he's gimme some different tablets n took me off the other ones the other day im now on "Dosulepin 25mg capsules" - 2 to be taken at 9pm every night. And i've started takin these yesterday "thursday 27th so it will be my 2nd nite tonight, they dont seem to be workin rly but the doctor did say they cud take a week to work & im seein him in 2 weeks to see if they hve worked and if they hvnt he sed he mite up to dosage. But what's worryin me is my heart... its happenin eevryday feels like its stoppin? im worried and everything but ive been for scans n everything i've even called the medics out a few times the past few days & they all hve sed my hearts fine im just under alot of stress with lookin after my mum n borthers n sisters which is why i hve these anxeity attacks everyday! and its rly affecting me big time i dnt kno how to control it! Also the doctor has recommend i get some help to look after my mother n siblings which i am int he process of doin.. i thought i cud cope but its got worse & i rly do feel depressed.

Anyway sorry for the long post, but all this has rly got me down n is rly affecting me... and its very scary rly rly scary. any feedback & advice would be nice....

thanks,

Ian.

Vanilla Sky
28-11-08, 23:18
Hi ian im paige i get panic and anxiety to it produces the same as yours my heart pounds the skipping beats is palpitations and they are so scary, as youv been checked by doctors please believe your heart is fine if it wasnt they would have put you into hospital honey. no wonder you are stressed with all thats going on in your life the human body is a very clever and sophisticated machine it lets us know when its under stress and what a way to get noticed giving it horrible symptoms! so it has your attention now and told you to do something about it .. and you are..i hope you get the help you need soon so in the meantime you will start to calm down a bit coz your body knows help is on the way its got to get better from now im sending you positive thoughts let me know how your getting on x

nickieb
28-11-08, 23:31
Honey

I would just like to say you really are fantastic what you are doing & the job you have taken on......you should be very proud of yourself.
I don't know what it must be like everyday taking on that adult role and caring for your family at such a young age when you should be out living your youth....

I personally think that you are suffering stress & exhaustion hun & when i am shattered i get the palps & panic attacks & my anxiety hits the roof. Our body can take a lot but after a while... it gets tired & it starts crying out to take a break and rest.... which is what your body is doing.

There are sooo many ways our bodies default & anxiety is one of them & the fact you are not sleeping makes everything ten times worse.

I know the situation you are in limits what you can do but the main thing you need to bear in mind is you need to rest too & take time out for yourself. If this means going out with friends or simply having an evening in and going to bed early then i think thats what you need to do & i am sure your family would understand.

I hope you have lots of support outside of your immediate family xxxx

boroguy1990
29-11-08, 00:35
Thank you both for your comments.

I do worry about it alot lately, & i cant seem to take my mind off thinkin bout it even after the doctors have sed theres nottin wrong with my heart i still cant help thinkin there is cuz it wen happens it feels like there rly is a problem & i cant help when i have panic attacks n that.

And nickeib, thanks alot... it's not summit i chose to do... the reason i hve to look after my motehr n 3 siblings is cuz when my mother had her stroke 2 year ago n she is paralysed all down her right side n has speech problems, n at the time she 1st had it my dad left cuz he cudnt cope n never even sed nythin so i was left to care for my mum n brothers n sister. And at 1st it never rly bothered me, i never thought 2 years down the line i would be still caring for my mum n developin these problems.... im only 18 i shudnt be stressed, i feel like im missin out on everythin i wanted to do uno?

And well my grandma & grandad help out a bit... but there old so they cant do all that much but they are there nyway!

Anyway thank you both for your comments... i really appreciate it.

nickieb
29-11-08, 00:56
Oh darling i feel so sad for you...have you tried contacting social services to get some help in for your mum?? This may take the strain off you a few days a week. I understand things are tough & you are right you are missing out on a lot.. are your other brothers & sisters old enough to start taking this in turns with you?

boroguy1990
29-11-08, 11:40
Well when i had the medics out a few days ago, they said they would contact them for me just for someone to come out & help out with things & give me some time off!

And my other brothers n sister aint really that old enuff 1 of my brothers is 12 the other is 13 and my sister is 13 & they really aint that much help they kinda make things worse but i suppose there only young so there not gonna make it any easier. I do have 2 older brothers who dont live with me, but i hardly see them cuz they have there own house & lifes & they hardly ever come to see there mother!

But nyway i am in the process of gettin help with the social services & all.

nickieb
29-11-08, 17:52
Oh fantastic thats good news, so at least you may get a little rest with their help hun. As for your older brothers not helping you thats awful, have you tried contacting them telling them how you feel & to see if they could help you out a little??

xx

boroguy1990
30-11-08, 12:03
Well i do talk to them over the phone now & agen and they come up like once a month if that... but nahh i havnt really told them how i feel, but they do sometimes let my 2 lil brothers & sister stay at theres for like 2 days to make things easier for me.