PDA

View Full Version : withdrawal - insomnia and restlessness

emma1980
29-11-08, 08:09
has anyone else had withdrawal problems from mirtazapine?

my doctor switched me on to lofepramine from mirtazapine - i was on 45mg, reduced to 30mg for 2 days, then 15mg for another 2 days, then straight on to 140mg lofepramine.

It's been a week and I'm getting worse and worse insomnia - only 3 hours sleep last night, and I feel all twitchy and restless.

jo61
29-11-08, 11:12
I had problems when I came off it a few years ago but it was because the depression was still there, nothing to do with the med teh shrink reckoned. It does sound as if you've come off it very quickly? Maybe you need to go back to the doc and have a more gradual withdrawal so your body can get used to the new medication
:hugs:

dinosaur123
09-12-08, 10:02
Hi Emma,

I have suffered from depression, & chronic sleep disroder for years now. I was taking amitriptyline (200 mg) & zolpidem.

My doctor switched me to martazipine & nitrazepam & it is working great :) for the first time in years I am sleeping properly, feeling more alive and have cust down massivley from the 200 mg dose of amitriptyline to 30mg of martazipine & 5 mg of nitrazepam.

Some doctors are a bit wary of giving nitrazepam over a long period because it can be habit-forming (I dont find it habit forming as I dont feel I need it because of the the fact it can be addictive but the fact I need to sleep to work, and lack of sleep can have long term physical problems later on in life) but at the end of the day if your doctor has your mental & physical well-being at heart then he has to weigh up everything really.