PDA

View Full Version : Head Noises

sadie
06-12-03, 21:56
Hi all

Just thought that I would mention another symptom of mine that worries me!! I hear a funny crackling sensation in my head sometimes when i move it..Obviously I visited my GP regarding this and was advised the noises were due to muscle tension and that I should get some regular massages to release the tension. I do have very sore neck muscles , particularly on the right side of my head which causes a lot of headaches and possibly my migraines too. She refered me for some physiotherapy but that was weeks ago. I am also going for a MRI scan too just too rule everything out due to my migraines. Anyway does anyone else experience these noises in their head?

sadie

Meg
06-12-03, 22:07
I get sounds of crunching on gravel in my neck when I rotate it if I'm tired or fretting over anything !!
Does that count ?!

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kate
06-12-03, 22:08
oohhh Meg, I get that too!!!!

Kate x

sadie
06-12-03, 22:11
yep thats what I get too..and when i do get a massage it feels a lot better. It does worry you know when you hear these noises and then you get a sore head! Well at least I'm not the only one.

sadie

benoo5
06-12-03, 22:26
HI SADIE,

you did well,at the cinema today. :)

i have this problem as well,but mine is at the base of the neck,yes,its due to tension,and massage will relieve it,i was also told to roll my head,first one way,then the other,and that helps.

so sadie,you know wot to buy hubby for xmas..a massage video. ;)

best wishes..bryan.

Meg
06-12-03, 22:27
A good massage does wonders.

Try to find an at home masseuse rather than a shop one, they generally spend longer with you and tailor the massage to your needs rather than following the standard routine.

They are usually lovely people with a wealth of knowledge who can help you too.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sadie
06-12-03, 22:34
Heh Bryan

Hubby does try to give me a head and neck massage but he loses interest quickly and its not his forte..hes much better in the kitchen, a bit like yourself!!

If only we were able to give ourselves a massage, that would be great!

sadie

florence
07-12-03, 14:19
Hi Sadie
I too have this problems, my neck and shoulders are very stiff and achy. I get headaches because of it. Its been like this for ages and its like that every single day. I've seen a physiotherapist some time ago but it didn't help much. The best thing would be to see a chiropractor 'cause these problems in the neck and shoulders could be due to trapped nerves.
I used to see a chiropractor down Jersey more than 2 years ago. £ 40 a session but really worth it!
I can't wait to see another one soon to get my neck sorted.
Florence.

sadie
07-12-03, 19:26
Hi Florence

How you doin? One of my friends sees a chiropractor for her migraines and she swears by them. She gets her back strapped after every visit which aims to keep her posture in line and she gets neck exercises to do. I have tried them also which are good but can be quite painful. I think I may look into this as my hubbie has some kind of health care plan through his work..its not private health care but something similar which may help with the cost. Hope your feeling ok.

sadie

florence
07-12-03, 21:55
Hi Sadie
I really appreciate your concern, I am glad that you get some health care facilities. I've just suscribed to BUPA , I am waiting for a reply now.
Hope you're feeling o.k too.
Florence.

sadie
01-01-04, 22:01
Hi all

I have another concern with regards to my head...I am worried I have a brain tumour...please read what I have to say and help with any advice if you can.

I have suffered constant headaches for some time now... they started to be regular throughout last year. I also have suffered Migraines too since about April which the doctor said are stress related.

Anyway, I have had a constant headache now roughly for about 2 wks. At first I just kind of ignored it..but then I stopped my medication fairly quickly, which caused lots of different side affects, in particular funny sensations in my head. Although these sensations havent got worse and possibly slightly less prominent, they are still here and are scaring me a bit.

The headaches seems to be on my right side of my head, which is usual for me...especially when i have a migraine. However, these sensations dont feel like a migraine..they are like twinges in my head which make me feel dizzy when they happen and slightly nauseous. The twinges also travel down my right side of my body..to my hand at least and sometimes I feel it travels to my chest area. What is this?? My neck and shoulder area on my right side is also kind of sore... Ive never had this before, have any of you?. The doctor I saw last week said it was just anxiety but no-one else on this forum has described these sensations..

Am I going off my head?

Please advise, if you can.

sadie

kate
01-01-04, 22:33
Well,Sadie, I also suffer the same type of head/neck pains as you describe and I always say that mine are caused by tension. I dont know about you, but my shoulders are constantly scrunched up round my ears with tension!This then makes the neck tense up which in turn travels up the head causing the exact pains you describe. They also make me dizzy and nauseous and feel like a knife being stuck into your head.

Hope this has been of some help to you

Kate x

sadie
01-01-04, 22:38
yeah Kate..you have been a great help. I am a constant worrier and have let this get to me again. Maybe if I relax the headache will disappear. Ive just taken some Neurofen so hopefully the headache will disappear soon.

Thanks for listening and hope your well.

sadie

sadie
01-01-04, 22:52
Sorry everyone, but I did the thing that we shouldnt really do..researched headaches on the net and made myself feel worse.

one site described symptoms like I have and advised that I should speak to a doctor immediatelty!!! And another described the pains like I am getting as irregular 'jolts' in the head..they dont know why they occur but are due to an underlying cause??what could that be??the butterfly sensations in the throat are back!!!

sorry

sadie

kate
01-01-04, 23:10
Sadie,

You have researched the headaches on the net and of course you have got more anxious, which has made the head pains worse and the strange throat sensations happen.

It is a vicious circle, but you really MUST accept that these feeling are due to anxiety and cannot physically hurt you. Easier said than done I know.

When I have those types of head pains, I take Syndol, which is specifically for tension headaches, and they are really very good.I had a mega tension head yesterday took a Syndol and within half an hour felt a lot more relaxed.

Please try not to worry about it being a brain tumour,and keep away from all medical sites on the net!

Kate x

sadie
01-01-04, 23:32
Hi Kate,

yeah I know youre right..I shouldnt have searched the net...I know its my own fault.

My headache is a bit better now..but the neck and shoulder tension is still there. I will try and not worry though.

Thanks for your support..I really needed someone just to listen to me.Thanks so much.

Take care

sadie

kate
01-01-04, 23:36
Dont mention it Sadie, we've all been there! It is so easy to worry when you have physical symptoms and then our minds just run and run!

Hope you are feeling a bit better now, take care

Kate x

benoo5
01-01-04, 23:44
hi sadie,

happy new year,to you and peter,

ive just looked up,an old post of megs...she listed symptoms of anxiety...and all your symptoms,are on her list....do you have a printer sadie,if so,its a good idea to print out a lot of megs posts...as that would save you so much worry,in the future.

your such a lovely lady,i know you better than most people here..your making great progress,and i know this year,will be your best ever.

as kate says,keep off the online doctor sites...when your worried,come straight to this site,and people like nicola,meg,kate,sarah,and many others will be here to put your mind at rest.

if you want to chat,you know where i am...bryan.

sadie
02-01-04, 00:03
Oh Bryan, its so great to hear from you...hope your well.

Well as you will have guessed, my worry head has been on again..which isnt a surprise I bet!

What is it with me..I just cant stop worrying about some symptom. What message of Megs did you say mentioned all of my symptoms or do I just put in her name??

I still feel positive about this year..but I just need to take it bit by bit.. stopping the worrying about every physical sensation is going to a while I think!!

Thanks Bryan

sadie

sarah
02-01-04, 01:08
Hiya Sadie

I just found the message with the list of symptoms in it that meg listed and cut and copied it onto a word document to email to you but you dont have your email listed....hold on i will find it again for you....

love Sarah

sarah
02-01-04, 01:12
ok Sadie, found it mate...

its under 'general anxiety' subject...'constant movement' dated 24th november.
if you can find it put in the search facility at the top.......

nausea headaches vomiting

and the message should come up

hope you find it hun.

keep positive

love Sarah
xx

failing that, ive just stuck a message at the bottom of the page with the info on it so it will flag up as a new message when you log in tomorrow!!!!:)

sadie
02-01-04, 02:05
Thanks Sarah...Ive got it now!!!

Take care

sadie

sadie
03-01-04, 23:49
Hi All,

My headaches are still here whih is fine I guess. im trying not to get too worked up about them as I have had many headaches before...its just these weird sensations in my head that will not go away...like zapping sensations. The thing is its only affecting one side of my head (right side) and I feel that this side is not really part of my head. I feel kind of spaced out but only on my right side of my head...I dont know if im making any sense or not!!

It will nearly be 2 wks since I stopped my meds and I know Meg said I should propbably start to feel a better after 3 wks, but could these feelings be due to withdrawals, or a headache, a migraine or what???

Sorry I am doing my best to not worry to much.

sadie

Meg
03-01-04, 23:58
Dear Sadie,

Have you arranged a massage yet ?

Meg

sadie
04-01-04, 00:06
Hi Meg,

I have just emailed you...and no I havent arranged one yet, but Peter has tried to give me a massage which hasnt helped to much but then hes not the greatest massauer (not he correct spelling).

I have an appt with a physio though and Im hoping this will help with my neck and shoulder problems..which may then help with the headaches??

sadie

benoo5
04-01-04, 00:18
hi sadie,ime so sorry,my friend,that you still,have these neck,head problems.

if the physio doesnt help,can i suggest,you see a chiroprakta..i think these people are amazing.

speak soon..bryan.

sadie
04-01-04, 00:23
Hi Bryan,

Its just when you learn to understand and cope with one problem, another one takes its place...

My friend suffers a lot of headaches/migraines/neck problems and she goes to a physio and she says its great, so im hoping that will be the same for me. I think I will go for one of those head/neck massages in the book shop near where I work on Monday. I know it wont be the best one in the world but hopefully it will release some tension!!

Its just the weird sensations in my head...there new to me!

Thanks for the advice though!

Take care

sadie