PDA

View Full Version : i never thought i would

chucklehound
20-06-05, 11:43
This may not seem like a big achievement to you lot but this is a major one for me.

I am now able to go out without the buggy. I have not been able to do this for 5 yrs. I needed the buggy because I felt so giddy and thought I might collapse. I can now go for a walk with the dog in the mornings and I hope I am not speaking too soon but I am really proud of myself. My major goal is to go on holiday (probably next summer).

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

tattybear
20-06-05, 11:50
Hi Steno,

Thats a fantastic achievement & u should be really proud...Its not a small thing, its a big achievement...Well done:D

Tatty B xx

seh1980
20-06-05, 12:31
Well done Steno - keep it up!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

chucklehound
20-06-05, 12:33
Thanks for the support

All the best

steno -x-

vernon
20-06-05, 13:01
well done Chris, You have realy done well and i realy do understand what you mean, Keep doing it and I am sure you will be great to go on holidays. But DONT be put off by little setbacks you may get, even people with no anxiety problems have there off days. take care. Vernon

chucklehound
20-06-05, 13:09
Thanks vernon I will remember that.

Hope you are well...

All the best

steno -x-

Meg
20-06-05, 13:14
Steno..

You've done really well to manage this. Many congratulations indeed !!

We're proud of you too.

Blips happen sometimes and it does not mean you were going back to square one at all - but today enjoy your sucess and repeat it again tomororw

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

angieb
20-06-05, 13:16
Well done Steno - no small achivement by anyone's standards!!!!:D

carlin
20-06-05, 13:30
How fantastic, well done, a minor achievement? I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chucklehound
20-06-05, 13:35
Thanks guys it just sounds strange that I am glad to walk down the street without a buggy. I'm 23 and I get angry because I should be doing this with no effort. I beat myself up alot about things that I wish I could do.

All the best

steno -x-

Meg
20-06-05, 13:52
Whoa Steno

We don't like 'shoulds' on here..

You do what you can do today and over time that will change and grow with effort and determination.

chucklehound
20-06-05, 14:03
Yeah but my kids suffer because they cant have a holiday. My 5 yr old has picked up on that. Because I cant have holidays I have overcome (well nearly) my monophobia (fear of being alone) so that my hubby can take my son to mcdonalds.A few months ago my son stayed with me and my hubby would bring it to us. I NEED to overcome the agoraphobia for my kids...

All the best

steno -x-

Meg
20-06-05, 14:16
Yes and you are overcoming it .. Beating yourself up over it constantly doesn't help your progress.

There is no harm in getting a good push occassionally as a result of self directed family or other encouragement but progress and success from self determination is a better motivator than guilt and self flagillation.

chucklehound
20-06-05, 14:21
You win, you are right. I will just keep going and look forward to overcoming it altogether.

Thanks Meg and everyone for your continued support...

All the best

steno -x-

leo05
20-06-05, 15:45
well done keep it you and tell your self that you will be going on that hol nxt yr as you deserve it ![8D]:D

chucklehound
20-06-05, 16:37
Too right I deserve it. And thanks leo foryour support

All the best

steno -x-

Karen
20-06-05, 18:15
Well done Steno. You are doing so well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
21-06-05, 00:05
WELL DONE That's brill news Steno. You are doing great keep up the good work!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

jill
21-06-05, 01:03
You have worked sooooo hard to get where you
are now, WELL DONE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

chucklehound
21-06-05, 02:24
Thanks every1 4 ur relpies, it meens alot to me...

All the best

steno -x-

nomorepanic
25-06-05, 17:47
Steno

Just caught up with this post.

A big well done to you for achieving something that you really wanted to.

Onwards and upwards eh?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"