PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

LaMo
29-11-08, 15:27
Hi,
I've just found this forum and its already been a huge help to me so thought I should introduce myself.

I realised I was suffering with anxiety about a year ago, my dad was in hospital with a severe illness and suddenly I was feeling sick all the time, dizzy spells finding it hard to breathe, I couldn't make sense of it at first but then it just hit me that it could be anxiety attacks. So I went to my GP who put me on some medication which just seemed to make it worse to the point where I was in tears all the time and couldn't cope with anything so I stopped taking it.

I had to wait a few months for CBT by which time the anxiety had subsided a lot, so I found the CBT interesting but not particularly helpful at the time.

Over the last year I've had periods when its come back with avengence, usually when my daughter's ill or something stressful has happened and right now I've had all sorts of symtoms that have convinced me that I've got MS. Tingling in my cheeks, blocked ears, weird twinges in my leg (and all over at times), my foot jerking spontaneously, odd dizzy spells. The fact that all of these symptoms have appeared on this forum is hugely encouraging but there's still that nagging doubt which keeps the vicious circle going...

I'm really worried about the affect it's havng on my husband, who is very supportive and tries to be understanding but obviously its not easy for him and I'm very intolerant with his attempts to help me which really isn't fair. Does anyone know of a good book for partners? Also I'm worried about the affect its having on my daughter who is 2 and seems to pick up on my anxiety and is overly anxious and panicky herself sometimes.

Anyway sorry about going on, thank you if you've got this far.

bottleblond
29-11-08, 15:52
Hi LaMo

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

You will get lots of advice and support here.

Lisa
x