PDA

View Full Version : Hi

rothko
30-11-08, 01:17
Hi, I'm new, although you could probably tell that already. A friend of mine showed me this site a few months ago, they were full of praise for it so I thought I'd give it a go.
Why now? Well, today would have been my fathers birthday, I'm feeling quite a bit lower than I normally do, which, if I'm being honest is pretty low. My father died of SADS when I was a teenager, that combined with other events knocked me off kilter slightly. I now suffer with depression / post traumatic stress disorder and have a self destructive personality and suffer with social anxiety. I'm not on meds, although I think it would probably be in my best interests if I were I just can't do it.
Looking back, I can't remember a time when I wasn't depressed, just for the past few years it's been quite bad, I manage to work, but apart from that I just don't function.
Ha, this is a great introduction! Now I'm rambling too. Anyway, hi.

orangecrush
30-11-08, 02:27
Hi rothko

Welcome to the site :) I hope you find lots of help and advice here like I have, and look forward to chatting in chatroom xx

rothko
30-11-08, 02:50
Thanks orangecrush, I hope so too. :)

I may also add to my introduction, I suffer from insomnia too. haha :sad:

breeze25
30-11-08, 08:51
Welcome Rothko,

You will find this site a great help, just knowing your not hte only one helped me.

I did try for so long to manage without any meds, but in the end I felt I had no way out and went down the meds route, they turned my life around and had me feeling normal. Now I have my good and bad days and at the moment the good days far out number the bad, so definately worth thinking about.

Veronica H
30-11-08, 14:10
:welcome: RothKo, glad you have found us.

Veronica

rothko
30-11-08, 15:27
Hi and thanks all. :)

jodie
30-11-08, 16:34
hi

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xx

weeble40
30-11-08, 17:48
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

kittyk
30-11-08, 21:50
Hello Rothko...I'm a meds-avoider too! Also have PTSD....this is a great site...lots of good people who understand.....x

rothko
30-11-08, 21:56
Hello all. :)

Hello Rothko...I'm a meds-avoider too! Also have PTSD....this is a great site...lots of good people who understand.....x

Hi kittyk, it's been good just to read the PTSD forum, amongst others here, for me so far. It's nice to hear I'm not the only meds avoider too.