PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

ChrisS
20-06-05, 15:47
Hi

I am Chris, and I have just signed up....

I am an anxiety sufferer and have been on and off for 13 years. Through 90% of my 'normal' life I am fine, thankfully, although at times my anxiety has been more persistent.

Annoyingly, my anxiety has become associated with being abroad....where I feel somewhat more exposed and away from help, this is particularly bizare as I am sure that many of you will have experienced as it is not as if there is a particularly effective system for help here in the UK that I am longing for, but for some reason it is here that I feel I need to get back to.

Before suffering from anxiety I was 'relatively' adventurous and loved being abroad and away from home, now I am anxious for some time before going and often whilst away (sometimes having to return home early)

So I would love to hear from people with similar experiences, and look forward to passing on mine.

Hope you are all having a good day

CHRIS

Barb
20-06-05, 16:00
Hi Chris

Welcome to the site. I cant help with your problem as i cant even go away in this country YET! but i an sure you will get plenty of good advise.

Luv Barb x

leo05
20-06-05, 16:02
hi and welcome hope you find this site helpful

feel free to pm me anytime

leo05

chucklehound
20-06-05, 16:27
Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum.
It is a really good room and I'm sure you will get all the support you need...

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

Karen
20-06-05, 17:46
Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tracyp584
20-06-05, 18:07
Hey Chris,

Welcome to the site!

Take care,

tracy x x

kairen
20-06-05, 18:09
Hi Chris

and welcome to the site

I can understand how you feel, as home is your safe place
You will get lots of help and support here everyone is great

take care

kairen x

florence
20-06-05, 19:33
Hi Chris

Welcome to the site, hope you 'll get great support and advices here..

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

jill
20-06-05, 19:40
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the site

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

alexis
20-06-05, 19:45
Hi Chris, welcome, I like to be at home or within easy reaching distance of home. Im sure you will get lots of advice on here or why not pop into chat, open from about 7.30 on an evening, lots of friendly people there where all sorts are discussed. LOve Alexis,x

Meg
20-06-05, 19:46
Hello Chris,

I think it is totally natural to want to be close to all that is familiar and secondnature to you when acutely anxious.

When I wa sacute and needed to be around people , my friends wanted to scoop me up and take me to their environments so they could be closer by. There was not even a cat in hairs chance that I was getting on a plane to Switz to go home with my best friend as she couldn't stay here any more days. I wanted to stay put as horrid as it was..

I anchored this belief by struggling when I did start going out again and it took years of making myself do it to get back to travelling without any concerns.

Remember its your thoughts and responses about it that count. If you tell yourself inwardly its going to be rough, although you may manage the situation, you may be more uncomfortable and thus chalk it up as another bad experience whereas it may actually have been ok.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pinkscrumpy
20-06-05, 20:00
:D Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum. Hope it helps[xx(]

MANDIE XX

nomorepanic
25-06-05, 16:41
Hi Chris

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"