PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalisation advice

Cheeky220
30-11-08, 13:18
Im struggling to think il ever feel normal again and i dont know what normal is i keep trying to rememeber. its like ive just become aware of myself and what life is. is that part of dp? also i keep thinking im trapped in something and that i cant see whats coming in the future and that frightens me. I just dont see how it is possible to ever again feel or know what normal is as we have questioned it so much now wont it always be in our thoughts and memory? so how can it ever really go?? did anyone feel like life was so overwhelming and they felt like the just became aware of thereself?? how on earth can you have a life back after this?? how can i get it to go away? please reply

BasilCat
30-11-08, 17:58
Cheeky, I will PM you with some ideas shortly. In fact I can even send you an e-book about how to overcome anxiety/DP etc if you let me have your e-mail address. But for now, re your question, how can I get it to go away? I know this is really hard but you have to accept it and not want it to go away, not push it away or get angry or upset with it. I know, its really difficult but you have to reach a stage where you are not upset by the DP. Then it will get less. Then you will start enjoying life more, and it will get less again and then eventually it will start to tail off. The more intimidated and scared you are by this feeling, the longer it will linger.

Take this weekend for example. I was walking through town with my friend last night and there was something really strange!!! I actually felt normal!! Well, my god, I couldnt believe it!
But today we went to another end of town and into Morrisons and the DP was there whilst we were eating our lunch. I had to keep saying over and over again, "Dont worry, it doesnt matter, nothing bad is going to happen, you are perfectly safe" etc etc. And nothing happened. My friend wasnt any wiser either. Then we walked up the main street a bit and the feeling got less till it had practically gone again when we were coming back.

So I honestly believe Cheeeky that this will go - it just needs patience and understanding. Did you go to the website? He has a good understanding of it all.

Will send you a PM shortly.

Shirley