PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol 120mg daily - Advice Needed!

snowwolf
30-11-08, 14:36
Hi there,

I had a huge episode of panic about a month ago which lasted continually for just over a week. Half way through the episode i saw a GP - not my regular one. By the time i saw him he diagnosed me as severely taci-cardic from being in an anxious state. I think i got myself in such a loop of anxiety i couldnt get out of it. :weep: It was a horrid experience, something i would never want to have again!!

Anyway, he gave me Propanolol 40mg to be taken 3 times a day. My anxiety did calm down eventually after a few days. But that was about 3 weeks ago and i've had a huge side effect from the medication - swollen ankles and weight gain. :ohmy:

As a result (I have an eating disorder too) I have totally stopped my medication and im now debating about going back to my original beta-blocker Atenolol 25mg (this was given to me to control heart palpitations from Bulimia). :huh:

Im so confused because i'd hate to have an anxiety episode like that again, but id also hate to have the extra weight gain! :unsure: :shrug: :unsure:

Any advice anyone??

Take care,
:flowers:
Snowwolf
xXx xXx xXx