PDA

View Full Version : Hormones and ectopics - please help!

JodieT
30-11-08, 14:50
Please, please can someone reassure me that hormones can affect palpitations. I've suffered with ectopics for years but lately find that they are more noticeable and scary in the run up to my period. Yesterday was the worst day ever with them going on all day and into the evening. I also felt churned up and anxious all day. My period started today and I am just praying that this could be connected. I've only had a couple today. I also find that when they do happen it's often after eating. At the moment I don't think I can cope with them but this time last week I was a totally different person. Please help. Thanks. Jodie x

jodie
30-11-08, 18:11
hiya jodie

this is just the same for me to every month

i get them really bad a week before and at times during to,they are most defenently connected to hormones i am sure of it,and over the years of me having ectopics so many other girls i have talked to said there's were worse at that time of the month.

jodie x

joolee
11-12-08, 10:44
Hey Jodie they are definitly related to periods i got a scan and 24 hour monitor on ages ago to be told that everything is fine and i mentioned to the heart doc at the hospital i find that my episodes with ectopics and funny heart is when i get my period and the run up to it and he said that this will be true as you adrenilin is much more when you are due and the right hand side of your heart has a lot to do with this which makes it feel like your skipping beats it nothing to worry about its just that we are more aware of this happening in our bodies ive been having a bad few days just now with ectopics due to my monthly cycle but i just keep reassuring myself which i know is sometimes hard on a bad day but im sure you will be ok love Julie x

Cathy V
11-12-08, 11:09
Joolee has it spot on, and they can also be worse leading up to the menopause...something to look forward to then!

You mention that you can feel these ectopics after you eat sometimes too, and thats also quite common, you'll find alot of people here suffer with them in this way. I was told that it can be down to the vagus nerve, which is the biggest nerve in your body and runs from the base of the brain down to the groin, and it winds its way through alot of organs including the stomach and the heart. Sometimes when we eat we can take in alot of air, especially if anxious. and get a little bloated, and this will irritate the vagus nerve, which in turn will affect the heartbeat. Sometimes just taking over the counter stomach remedies can relieve this...works for me anyway.

Cathy xx :flowers:

Rachey poos
11-12-08, 20:15
hi hun, I def have a difficult time when periods are due and usually the week after finishing dont seem to bad.. I am 36 but im sure im running up to the menapause too...think its called peri-menapause..might be wrong and I have read that "Palps " can be a symptom!

bab
11-12-08, 20:45
thats interesting to know as ive had bad palpitations last few day6s and i just got my period - bloody hormones

JodieT
12-12-08, 18:57
Hi - thanks for all your replies. When I saw my doctor about my palpitations she mentioned the peri-menopause too. I'm 44 so maybe it is something I'm headed for! My period finished (after 12 days!) and like magic my palpitations have disappeared, bar the odd one here and there which I can cope with. Won't be long though before the whole horrible cycle begins again - just in time for Christmas - great! xx