PDA

View Full Version : Hi

anx mum
30-11-08, 14:21
My doctor last tuesday changed my medication was on effexor for about 2 months. I was seeing no improvement still feeling really low v tearful. She weaned me off 150mg to 75mg in a week. Since starting my new meds i have felt awful v dizzy wobbly legs my mood seems worse as in low does this sound like withdrawel symptoms?

Yvonne
30-11-08, 19:12
Hi

I'd say it's without doubt withdrawal. You've come down pretty quickly I reckon. So did you come off the effexor in two weeks then - down to 75 for one week then nothing for a week then new med??

What med have you been put on now.

Trust me it's withdrawal, it's nasty but hopefully as new med starts to kick in it should lift.

You take great care and just give in to the effects like being nackered and stuff - cry when you need to etc. Hope you feel better very very soon. xxx

anx mum
30-11-08, 19:20
Thanx for your reply yeah was on 75mg than she uped it to 150mg still felt very low on venlafaxine. The doc weaned me bk to 75mg for a week. Now she started me on selrtraline 50mg this is my 4th day on them and feel awful today was really dizzy, shaky, and v tearful

Yvonne
30-11-08, 19:50
It's awful I know but it's normal honestly. The trouble is that you are having some withdrawal together with start up effects from the Sertraline and it isn't a nice combination.

I really hope you feel better soon, I've been through this process many times changing from one med to another and I've always found it hard.

People underestimate these medications but they are powerful and can make us feel completely awful on start up or any change.

Try to be positive and tell yourself the sertraline will suit you better and just resign yourself to the fact that you may feel rotten for a little while. Take carexxxxx

anx mum
30-11-08, 19:57
Have u been on sertraline?