PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please Over Symtoms....!

reddevil
30-11-08, 14:22
Hello,

Since last Tuesday, I have had some throat problems, especially with catarrh.

It has given me throat soreness at times, a nausea feeling (which acid tablets are helping me with) and in the mornings the catarrh is brown then it is clear throughout the day when I bring some up but it's only a couple of times in the day and my ulvra (thing, which dangles at back of throat) is also swelling on wakening.

As I do not want to go the doctors (as I was there two weeks ago for a blood test with other symptoms caused by anxiety), I’m after some answers from people, who might know?

· Will catarrh clear up on it's own?
· Can catarrh last for more than a week?
· will my body fight it without antibiotics?
· Can anxiety cause catarrh?

Red

Diane O'Brien
30-11-08, 15:04
Hi,

Ive suffered from anxiety for 6 months now and find I suffer terribly from catarrh. I am forever clearing my throat, I just find it a pain and the doctor explained to me its nerves. I is worse first thing in the morning and when im stressed over something. I dont take anything for it and unfortunately its lasted quite a while for me too.

Sorry im not much help there, ill be curious though to see what other people have to say.

Take care.:D

gtrgrl3369
30-11-08, 15:17
It might help if you have a humidifier in your room to help thin the secretions in your nose and throat. The nausea is coming from swallowing the thick mucous. You might also want to try a saline spray that will keep the membranes moist. When the membranes get dry the mucous gets thick which irritates the throat and makes clearing your throat harder. If you get a color other than clear or start to run a fever call your doctor because you might have an infection. Take care and I hope this helps some.

nickieb
30-11-08, 16:51
The cattarh will be a nasty colour of a morning as it has been lying there all night. x

Ddcoo
01-12-08, 10:17
HI reddevil, I have had this cattargh for months (all through the Summer and got it still), and it is really yellow and thick first thing, so I gargle with cold water after I've cleaned my teeth and this loosens it, then the rest of the day it is clear. If it gets too bad I put some Olbas Oil in a bowl of boiling water, put a towel over my head and inhale. This really helps. Hope yours improves soon.

reddevil
01-12-08, 20:16
I'm starting to worry a little that the cattarrh is a sign of something wrong but I guess that is my anxiety shadow trying to take over.

I have felt it in my throat at times today but it does not appear to want to come up etc.

I think concentrating on it is causes my throat to be sore at times throughout the day as when I have a sweet, the soreness goes.