PDA

View Full Version : Another Symptom

EmmaJane
30-11-08, 16:49
Just about to go into a state of panic again... Hopefully someone can tell me they get this or its due to stress...

When I move my arm to a ceertin position, I can hear it clicking... Getting freaked. Can tension cause this. My neck and shoulders are always tense

june
07-12-08, 12:14
Hi EmmaJane,
Sorry I missed this the other day:blush:
About 12 months ago I went to a Tai Chi class - one of the movemenets was moving your head

slowly to the right
then face forward
slowly to the left
then face forward
repeat 5 times each:ohmy:OK so then most of the people (at first) did not like this as the back of the neck creaked with a sound of rustling crisp packets.
It took a brave person to mention how fearful they were of this movement
- then everyone in the class breathed a sigh of relief
This was a perfectly NOMAL reaction to WAIT FOR IT ............Tension in the neck muscles:yesyes:
The same reaction for most of our joints and muscles ----you and me and many others get these annoying symptoms and ( i am guessing ) they disapear without trace when some other fear raises its ugly head?????:mad:
I hope you are feling OK now as it is a week since this post.
Sorry i'm a bit late with my post:blush:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

EmmaJane
11-12-08, 12:23
Thanks all.

Hi June,

Many thanks for this. That was a great post and has made me feel so much better. Just wish I could get rid of the constant feeling of dizziness and light headed. Does this symptom really last for days on end?

june
11-12-08, 14:35
The short answer is 'yes'
if you have been checked by your doctor and they have said it is stress related - then it is usually hyperventilation.
we do not notice when our breathing rate goes up slightly - and by looking out for this we bring another problem - because then we focus on the breath.
What a vicious circle we make for ourselves????
Best wishes
june