PDA

View Full Version : Something bizzare, any advice?

Aileen33
30-11-08, 21:42
Hi everyone!

I had a bizzare thing happen today, you know as a HA sufferer you tend to 'go through' illnesses, for example a different illness every weak? This morning i read something somewhere about lymphoma, and very strangely after that my armpits have started hurting!
Instead of getting worried I am tried to calm myself down, I think it's interesting that my mind may be playing tricks on me!
Does this happen to anyone else? Of course hurting armpits could be anything!

Would nice to hear all your opinions :) Hope everyone is okay and staying strong!

Aileen xxxxx

nickieb
30-11-08, 22:07
my armpits get sore around the time of the months. if you had lymphoma you would have many other symptoms and would feel to crap to panic & surf the net hun xx

AntiLove_SuperStar
30-11-08, 22:34
That's a completely normal mental trick. Ain't your mind great?!

jill
01-12-08, 00:56
Hi Aileen :D :hugs:

The mind IS a powrfull thing, just knowing this alone can help you move froward a little.

Remember our thoughts are the most POWER tool we have to combat panic, anxiety, learning how to use this tool, is not easy, it takes a lot of hard work, time and the right support.

When I was acute, I do feel I was DAME lucky, Mmm, or was it luck,( but I do count my blessing on this) but Mrs panic, Mrs anxiety only messed with me regarding my health a few times.

Thoughts ARE a powerfull, we tend to not understand that each thought we think has a massive effect on how we feel, both in mind AND body.

I was out one day at a relatives house, I had lost waight when acute, so my relative gave me something to eat. I am slim anyway. I did not feel like eating at that time, so, my relative said """""if you don't eat that your going to end up with an eating disorder""""" :ohmy: :scared15: as you know, when acute, if your anx is high you are on alert looking for reason why you feel this way, Ohhhh blinken hell, at the time, I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

My thoughts went all negative ""YES, thats it, my mind told me, you have an eating disorder :scared15: This site had tought me well :yesyes: Yes, Mrs A was defo playing with me, BUT, it took awhile to right the wrongs of that negative programming, blimey, it linked in sooo quick I felt I had noo time at all to stop it. Soooo, that battle of the thoughts began on this issue AND it was blinkin hard work, BUT, quess who won, ME :yesyes: Mmmmm. but thenit popped another fear in its place and the battle of the thoughts began again.

So, Aileen, YOU, have noticed just how much Mrs anxiety can play tricks on you, I feel, this is a step forward, you should be sooo proud of yourself.

Not only with health anxiety, but with any anxiety and panic, the mind plays with you. What I always say is, have you ever noticed how Mr P, Mrs A NEVER has anything nice to say, it all has to be negaitive scary thoughts. They live on our fears, without fear, they would not survive.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX