PDA

View Full Version : OCD, just me or normality?

kid a
20-06-05, 19:16
Hey guys,

This is probably going to make very little sense but I'd thought I'd post it, if anything just to get it out of my system. Also, it may need to go in the OCD section but i dont know...

One of the biggest things which makes me anxious is organisation and although I've rarely been late for a meeting or appointment because of lack of organisation, i tend to obsess about the possibility.

I'll often look at my filing system and think, maybe if i put a to do file in one area, and then an awaiting reply section, hey maybe it would be better if my stamps were located there....i know its mind boggling. I know everyone does this to an extent but i'll find myself going over and over it.

I have found a correlation in the fact that times in my life when i've been stretched and really busy, i have not really suffered, things just seem to click into place.

It's recently got bad because i've been pretty low and been very inactive.

Hey ho, madness[:I]

seh1980
20-06-05, 20:39
I think everyone is like that to a certain extent. Some people just need things to be more organised than others. That doesn't necessarily mean that you have OCD. Is there anything else that you do that makes you think you have OCD? :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kid a
20-06-05, 20:45
I don't think so. I think I'm the kind of person that needs to be very organised and as I am in a period of stress and depression, and not doing anything, everythings just a bit overwhelming. I suppose it's becoming a big issue for me due to the fact that my usual uber-organised state has been thrown away and it's adding to the chaos i'm feeling

seh1980
20-06-05, 21:00
Yeah that could be it. I also need things to be organised and I get stressed when things don't turn out as planned..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal