PDA

View Full Version : More throat anxieties....I need some reassurance

Vinny
01-12-08, 10:48
Sorry to have to post here again so soon after the last one. I'm STILL so worried about my throat!! I was doing some keep fit exercises yesterday and when I started to get slightly puffed out I noticed a whistling noise coming from my throat!! I noticed the same thing a little while ago when I went out for a jog. It definately isn't coming from my nose or chest, it's in my throat! It's very difficult to explain, I'm not sure if I'm wheezing but it sounds more like a whitstle. The reason I am so frightened is becuae I'm sure I've read somewhere that it can be a sign of throat cancer (my big, big worry at the moment). I also phoned NHS direct on Weds cos I had some blood in my spit. One of the questions the nurse asked me was if I had any strange noises coming from my throat!! So, as you can imagine, my anxiety has gone into overdrive!!
I did go to the docs because there was blood in my spit. He has told me I don't have throat cancer but now this "new symptom" has come along and I'm so worried about it.
Please.....................does anyone know what I'm trying to explain and have you had this whistling sound in your throat when exercising?
I would be so, so grateful for your reassurance.
x

PhoenixGrey
01-12-08, 11:05
Throat cancer is very very rare... Between Laryngeal and Oesopghageal cancers they only account for 4% of all cancers, and thats a very minimal account - I hope that reassures you a bit.

Also you sound like someone who's in pretty good shape, taking care of themselves - so I would use that as another reason to be reassured.

And also, if the doctor was worried at all they would have done something. I've spent a fortnight with a weird croaky then not croaky voice, a sometimes sore and sometimes not sore throat, the feeling of a lump in my throat that comes and goes, and this morning my throat started vibrating when i breathed.

I'm fairly happy that theres nothing wrong (although that doesnt mean I won't get it checked out! :-S) but i've reached the conclusion our bodies are CRAZY and will do bizarre things all the time. Hope that has settled a few of your worries :)