PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think this might not work??

HollyisCrazy.com
01-12-08, 09:51
I've been on Sertraline for about 6 weeks now and went from 50mg to 100mg about 2 weeks ago. I used to be on Effexor about a year ago and I managed to keep everything together and was pretty happy on them... Then came the time to come off the meds and I had such bad side effects that I vowed never to take them again.

I'm now starting to wonder whether I should go back to Effexor? I suffered badly for about a week when intially started taking Sertraline and each time I start to feel a little better it lasts for about 2 days and then I hit massive anxiety followed by depression.. My GP is brilliant but is away on holiday this week and I really need to start work again soon because they are losing their patience with me. I'm really feeling the pressure right now.

LuLu71
01-12-08, 22:56
Holly,
I'm wondering the same thing! I've been on Sertraline for 5-6 weeks now and I do see some improvement.... not as much as I expected to. When you increased from 50 to 100... could you tell a difference? I'm currently at 50. Everyone says to stick with it, it's not an easy fix.
Take care,
Stacey

HollyisCrazy.com
03-12-08, 08:00
Hey Stacey

Glad we're in the same boat... I was expecting to be on the road to recovery by now but I'm still pretty down in the dumps most of the time. And are you finding that you're unusually tired?? It's a nightmare keeping awake in the mornings!

Didn't really notice a thing when I increased - slightly nauseous but only for a day or two. Nothing like when you start the tabs!

Can't wait for my GP to come back so I can hopefully find a way to overcome this!!

Good luck lovey and I hope they kick in for you soon x x

LuLu71
05-12-08, 01:04
Sometimes I feel very tired in the morning but usually some caffeine helps. I'm usually tired by the end of the day. After a full day of work I don't want to do anything at all in the evenings. Which is killing any kind of a social life for me! Ugggh! Will this feeling ever end?!?!?!

Let me know how you make out with your GP. Good luck to you as well!

sylvia1970
09-12-08, 09:48
Depending on your condition, with ocd you really need to work up to 200mg and maybe over, to get the full benefits of sertraline. I am on 200mg and am finding that it is helping. Also, it really takes a few months to really start working properly.