PDA

View Full Version : I've just joined

lil_zed
01-12-08, 11:02
Hi everyone,
I'm 20 years old. I have suffered from a medical condition called fibromyalgia for several years and this has significantly impacted upon my mental health, causing me to be low and frustrated about many things. However, this isn't the reason I joined NMP, it's because I was desperately searching the net for an answer to a very recent problem which seems to be having a severe impact on me; a fear of death. I don't think I'm going to die anytime soon (at least I hope I'm not) but I know I will one day and I am petrified of one day being here and the next, not and not knowing I am not here. I am also afraid for my family and their deaths, it sounds totally strange, I know but it is having a real impact on my life, I can't sleep properly because I wake up randomly and think about it. When I do think about it I feel sick, I shake and my heart skips a beat. I know death comes to us all and I want to live my life to the full whilst I am here but I am petrified of the day it comes to an end, which in turn isnt helping me live my life as best I can. I never used to really think about death it was only a few days ago that it was triggered and now I can't stop thinking about it. Does anyone else have the same or similar expirience?
Best wishes
-x-

marie1974
01-12-08, 12:28
hiya and welcome to nmp, im sure you will meet some lovely people here and find great support too. hugs xxxx

weeble40
01-12-08, 20:35
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Patty
01-12-08, 22:32
Hi lil_zed,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I also have a fear of death. I can so relate to how you describe your fears of it. It can be so difficult to deal with at times. I try and think to myself that what will happen is beyond our control and worrying about it will not change things.

Hope it helps to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

Best wishes xx :bighug1: