PDA

View Full Version : Breathing problems

anx mum
01-12-08, 12:38
Had this breathing problem now 4 months. Its horrible feels like i havent got enough air has anyone experienced this

amu
01-12-08, 13:56
I've had this for four months as well :weep:

helen_1
01-12-08, 14:09
i know just how you feel i too have had some weird breathing thing its something i cant explaine mine started because of some weird throat tightness and now for the past 4 weeks i started getting the breathing problem but i really cant describe it but its a really horrible feeling im hoping that one day it will go away hope you feel better soon xx

janeybaby25
01-12-08, 15:14
yes had this feeling at the height of my anxiety. If docs have give you all clear then it is just classic anxiety symtoms. xxxx

anx mum
01-12-08, 17:22
its horrible isnt it just waiting on bloods results and exercise results to come bk

LucyA
01-12-08, 17:27
This is a classic sign of anxiety called 'air hunger'. Because your body has an excess of adrenaline it assumes you are running/fighting something and makes you out of breath unecessarily.

One of the best tips for air hunger I have had is to breathe in deeply, breathe out deeply, take a full breath in again and then (as sharply as you can) blow out that breath until you are at the end of it. This kind of 'restarts' your respiratory system and makes you feel more satisfied.

The way I usually get rid of air hunger is to do exercise and purposefully get out of breath, and use up that excess adrenaline. Then you can relax and breathe normally.

I hope this gets better for you guys soon, I know how frustrating and exasperating it is! xx

darkangel
01-12-08, 18:23
me too, ive not been around here for ages but this is the one main anxiety symptom at the moment, i can fully sympathise with you cos its horrid.

I keep trying to yawn to see if i can clear it

crunchie01
01-12-08, 18:35
hi
my chest/throat feels a bit dry and hoarse at moment but im putting it down to my anxiety being high at the moment