PDA

View Full Version : Hello

ffriend
01-12-08, 13:06
Hello,

I’ve occasionally looked at this site before and identified with lots of things people say on forums but I’ve not signed up – until now, so here goes….

I’m in my late 30s and have suffered from panic attacks and generalised anxiety since my late teens. I remember the day in 1990 that my world fell apart when I had an attack so unexpected and so severe that my life has never been the same since – although the number of attacks has varied over time that ‘anticipatory anxiety’ has always been there.

Over the years, I’ve self medicated with alcohol, although I don’t drink anymore, and also abused prescription drugs, particularly zopiclone. I’ve been lucky in having good GP and psychological support but I have not been able to find that ‘thing’ inside myself that will allow me to live with the condition without lurching from crisis to crisis. Sometimes it has felt almost within reach, at other times like I’ll never get there. I’m at a point in my life where I look back over the last 20 years and realise how much this illness has affected my life, and I’m determined that the next 20 will be better.

Thanks for reading this, good luck to you all

Tim

june
01-12-08, 13:18
Welcome Tim:yesyes:
explore the site there is lots of really good ino on here.
June

yorkylover
01-12-08, 13:21
Hi Tim and :welcome: you will get lots of support here as we all understand how you are feeling.Its a great site with wonderfull people.:hugs:

marie1974
01-12-08, 13:51
hiya and welcome to nmp, im sure you will find lots of support here and meet lovely new friends too. hugs xxxxxx

Patty
01-12-08, 14:17
Hi Tim,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

Veronica H
01-12-08, 16:54
:welcome: Tim, you will find this to be a very supportive and friendly place.

Veronica

lorac
01-12-08, 19:10
Hi Tim

Welcome to the site glad you decided to join us, I am sure you will find many people on here understand what you are saying, me being one of them. I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

weeble40
01-12-08, 20:33
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
04-12-08, 19:18
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

tomats
04-12-08, 20:38
Hello!
I'm find this site accidentally. I have diagnosis - dysfunction of vegetative nervous system. It's means panic attacks, fobias etc. symptoms. I take Cipralex and at the moment I don't have this symtoms.