PDA

View Full Version : ok - here's a REALLY strange question !!!

eeyorelover
21-06-05, 06:23
Hi all :D
Ok I guess this question would only apply to the ladies among us so here it goes - it's kind of a strange one and I feel REALLY wierd asking it but... does anyone else seem to have more panic around THAT time of the month? I have a hard time even functioning for the first day or two.
My Grandmother always called it your "friend coming to visit". I say with friends like that who needs enemies !!! lol
Maybe it's hormones or maybe it's just me.
Just a thought

Sincerely,
eeyorelover

pinkscrumpy
21-06-05, 07:43
Hi

Nope its definetely hormones.

I have trouble functioning not only the 1st or 2nd day but from ovulation until I stop bleeding.

Its great isn't it. We have years of this only to be greeted with menopause for another 15 20 years LOL

Who would be female ah!

Loads o love

MANDIE XX

lainey
21-06-05, 08:20
Hi

I am like Mandie too, it's definetly not helped by hormones!!!

Take care

Elaine x

Meg
21-06-05, 08:33
period trouble [ladies please] (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2961)
one for the females (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3572)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

chucklehound
21-06-05, 08:43
Hi, I get exactly the same around my time of the month.

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

neontrash
21-06-05, 11:36
hey, i get totally the same problem, around the first 2 or 3 days.

i was wondering whether anyone would kno about whether the contraceptive pill could help ease this off?

i did start taking it a while back to see if if would make an improvement, but when i started experiencing panic attacks again i stopped taking it incase it was actually just making things worse.

maybe i shld try again and just give it more time?

LisaD
21-06-05, 14:55
Hi there,

I am on the pill, and experience no PMS symptoms or increases in anxiety around that time. I also have a number of friends that say that the pill helps their PMS. HOwever, I do have 1 friend whose dpression was worsened when taking the pill, so it doesn't work for everyone. I think that a low-dose pill would be the best bet, and be aware that it may take a month or two for your body to adjust to them. Alternatively, you could take B-complex Vitamins...btoh of my sisters-in-law swear by it for alleviating their symptoms.

Hope this helps, keep in touch!
Lisa

~Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage~ Anais Nin

seh1980
21-06-05, 15:07
I always feel worse that time of the month..it's not just you!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

EmmaJane
21-06-05, 22:04
definately those hormones

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

alexis
22-06-05, 01:22
Hi I do believe this is why it was called the dreaded curse??

zena
22-06-05, 15:39
I suffer from panics around that time of the month. But if I take the Vit B complex and Evening Primrose oil it is alot better.

with good wishes

Zena