PDA

View Full Version : Christmas stress

yorkylover
01-12-08, 13:42
Its that time of year again.:ohmy: :ohmy: Im feeling so low at the moment.I can't cope with all the stress of buying present's having to wrap them,writing card's,doing parcel's to go off to the post office.

Then I have to do list's for people as they don't know what to get me.All I get is "what do you buy a girl that's got everything":mad:

I have my brother asking me what to get people,then my mum then my dad,then other half!!!!what make's them think I know!!!!!:mad:

I find this time of year is alway's the hardest,including the cold damp weather.

The last few day's I have been really snappy,tearful,and just so drained and tired.I know my anxiety is going through the roof at the mo,but I'v started to think Im not normal again and that Im just not like other people Im going crazy in my head again.Strange thought's ect.

I have got some shopping online,but also from the shop's and people go so mad round the shop's,pushing and shoving:mad:

I think I just feel a bit sorry for myself today as family really don't fully understand how Im feeling and I need to rant and I know you lovely lot understand me:) .xxxxxxxxx

honeybee3939
01-12-08, 13:54
Aww Bless have a hug hun:hugs: .

Your not going crazy at all. I think christmas is a stressfull time for most people. I have tried to be infront with everything this year because i always find at christmas time i go downhill again:weep: . Im trying so hard to get into the xmas spirit, Ive got my tree up, my cards written and my presents wrapped but im still stressed out about it all. Ive got the kids wanting me to do a party over the xmas period too for all the family, now that would really stress me out! ohhh roll on Spring !!

Im sure your not alone hun in the way you are feeling !:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

yorkylover
01-12-08, 13:59
:bighug1: for you to.I just can't seem to get into any christmas spirit.I don't have children,I think I would enjoy it more if I did have.I think they make christmas.
I do enjoy my doggie's opening there pressie,they get so excited but that's it.The thing is I hate feeling this way!!!!:weep:

samc100
01-12-08, 15:58
Christmas is at the wrong time of year. If it was in July when it was all summery and light evenings we'd cope lots better. :D I am trying not to stress but everyday I think of something else I have to do. It is endless.

Hugs and not long until January when we can relax more xxx:bighug1:

yorkylover
02-12-08, 15:38
That's a good idea Sam:yesyes: Look's like everyone seem's to be coping ok here.O well never mind I shall go and eat a big bar of chocolate and make myself feel better.:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Diane O'Brien
02-12-08, 15:43
Christmas is stressful, I totally agree I find it a emotional time as well and when it gets closer, I can feel happy then go sad and quite tearful. I dont know whi I feel like this but I can get quite emotional Christmas Eve.

Hugs 2 you and I wish u well.:hugs:

never2late
02-12-08, 16:46
Yorkylover, I'm the same way.

I often think I was born in to the wrong time period. The Christmas's of old seem so comforting, compared to the fast-paced, modern "holiday" season.

Diane O'Brien
02-12-08, 16:49
Yorkylover, I'm the same way.

I often think I was born in to the wrong time period. The Christmas's of old seem so comforting, compared to the fast-paced, modern "holiday" season.

You know what I think thats my problem, I wish for Christmases long gone, when I was younger, things r more complicated now.!!!!!!! Sorry 2 ramle. I,m taking over the thread. oooooooopppssss!!!

never2late
02-12-08, 17:21
You know what I think thats my problem, I wish for Christmases long gone, when I was younger, things r more complicated now.!!!!!!! Sorry 2 ramle. I,m taking over the thread. oooooooopppssss!!!

We all carry the old Christmases around in our hearts. There's a beautiful Christmas village inside all of us. Can you see and feel it? I can.

kate
02-12-08, 19:16
That is the part I don't like about Christmas the buying of presents just for the sake of it. I mean, what is the point of having to spend hours wondering what to buy people when they most likely don't need anything anyway?

I love the family get together and the meal together but I could easily do away with the pressie bit. And the amount of debt that people get into just so as they can be seen to have bought tons of presents! Ridiculous!

Kate

yorkylover
02-12-08, 22:47
Like Diane I like to remember the old christmas's,being a kid and having pressies was great,and everything about out it.Its all so different when your grown up!!!!:weep:
I so want to ghet into the spirit of thing's but it's so hard.I so hate feeling like this.
We used to have a happy family gathering at christmas,but since nan and grandad died the rest of the family has gone there own way and its just not the same now.:weep: