PDA

View Full Version : Retching due to stress

ElizabethJane
01-12-08, 16:07
I have had a period of nausea and yesterday some retching but bringing nothing up. Could this be a symptom of my anxiety? I am on lithium and prothiaden and I am concerned that I probably brought my tablets up. I had been feeling nauseous on and off since Friday but it has come to nothing. I'm very tired at the moment so is this just a symptom of pre Christmas stress?

andie73
01-12-08, 16:50
Hi

I had this last year and it was just anxiety. But I'm emmetephobic so being sick or retching terrifies me. That fear made the symptoms worse. Still if you are worried I would just go and see your GP to put your mind at rest especially if you are worried about your medication. This may help to settle your mind.

Hope you are feeling better very soon.

ElizabethJane
01-12-08, 17:03
thanks for your reply. I am not an emetophobe. I dont like being sick and there are plenty of bugs going around. The thing that concerns me most is that my tablets wont have been absorbed and I'll get the shakes and be unable to cope the next day. That hasn't happened today apart from being really tired. I seem to get sick when I am really tired or stressed. Not sure what will happen when I go to Midnight Communion. I shall have to have a nap.

kate
01-12-08, 17:26
I too retch when very anxious.

Kate

eternally optimistic
01-12-08, 20:14
I get that too when Im really nervous.

Anxiety and tiredness certainly go together and the anxiety brings
the tiredness on.

See if there is anything, even for half an hour, that can help you relax.

I dont know what your circumstances are but see if you can have time for yourself, like having a bath (LOL), go fo a walk (dont know if thats possible), but something that gives you a vent for your anxiety.

Take care