PDA

View Full Version : feeling down

lynne71
01-12-08, 16:16
hi im not sure if its that time ov year but im feeling really down. My partner is the only one working at the moment and feels he is doing it all.The thought ov having to go out and work frightens me and its a struggle to get the kids some days i feel isolated and he doesnt understand. I have looked for home work but there is nothing about. I have a big family but feel that they get on with there lives but i cant. thanks for listening to me moaning. lynne.x

andie73
01-12-08, 19:37
Hi Lynne

I think the dark mornings and dark nights leave lots of us feeling down. It sounds as though you have low self esteem cos you feel maybe a bit guilty about not working. I'm just guessing here so I'm probably wrong. It's just I used to feel like that. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

If work is too much of a leap at the minute and it was for me, why not try some voluntary work. I worked in a charity shop for a few months before I got my current job which I've been in now for three and a half years. It gives you self esteem and confidence as you feel you are giving something back. I know you don't get paid for it but it is a gateway into paid work. It will look good on your cv when you do look for work and it will keep you in a routine. But there is no major committment other than the one you make to yourself.

Hope things look better soon.

Take care.

Diane O'Brien
02-12-08, 12:17
Hi Lynne

I know how u feel. I dont work because I had to leave due to depression and anxiety. I get very lonely during the day, my husband works away and when my kids are at school I feel it more. I feel guilty and have horrible dark moments were I feel that people would be better off without me.

On my better days I go for a walk, not easy in this present climate I know, in the bad days, I wrap myself in a blanket and have a blanket and feel safe and warm.

You can PM me any time or email me at obrienlibby@aol.com anytime and we will cheer each other up. I,m sure in time we will both be able to look forward to brighter days.

Take Care hun, Take a day at a time.

Diane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

baloo
02-12-08, 12:27
Hi Lynne,

I think the dark mornings and evenings don't help if you're already feeling low. I agree with Andrea, voluntary work would be a great idea. With voluntary work there is less pressure than paid work and it would give you an opportunity to mix with other people and a reason to get up and out in the morning until you feel ready for paid work. Don't beat yourself up. There would be little point in pushing yourself too much.
Have you been to see your GP. Maybe he could give you something to help lift your mood until you feel stronger or refer you to a counsillor.

Never imagine that you are moaning. We are all here to listen and be listened to without judgement and to help support you through the dark times.

Baloo x