PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety thoughts with behavior and physical symptoms?

phil06
01-12-08, 16:50
Apart from panic attacks and breathing does anybody with anxiety get these symptoms:

Feeling down/depressed
Uncomfortable in own skin due to negative thoughts
Feeling uncomfortable round anything that causes anxiety
Getting embarrassed when an intrusive thought comes up
Feeling at breaking point like you cant take anymore
Extreme paranoia that people are taking about me, or fear of giving signs out which make people think stuff about you as they may not know you suffer anxiety.
Feeling tense and desperate, uneasy
Fear that horrible thoughts are not anxiety and unable to relax and a vicious cycle of worrying. Feeling anxious if I get a few hours when I don't feel negative thoughts meaning my brain starts to worry and feels the need to worry more. The fact i have the thoughts make me question and feel I should worry about this.
Putting things off due to imagined fears
Feeling the need to get home to search online for reassurance
Over powering belief that the anxiety is real as the thoughts cross your head so they must be true
Feeling weak, like the thoughts are somehow becoming more acceptable as I have had them for a while.
Self conscious about appearance
Obsessions over thoughts, anxious due to getting them
Fear of getting a illness or contaminated
Voices/clothes OCD's causing anxiety
Avoiding anybody or people who trigger anxiety, almost looking around for things that cause anxiety.
Anxiety caused by anxiety - Fear any action I do is because the anxiety is telling me it will relieve it even though I may want to do the action for example (learn to drive)

I feel many of these right now due to some negative thoughts can anybody relate to this? is this the physical and emotional symptoms from the worrying thought patterns?

miss worrier
03-12-08, 19:49
hi there, just wanted to let u no i to have experianced many of the symptoms u have explained phil.
my advice to u is to see ur doctor if u havnt already to perhaps disscuss some short term medication and councilling to help u thru this bad times and give u a helping hand to find yourself again.
I did this and it helped me lots as meds took the edge of anxiety and councilling helped me learn why i had these symptoms and how to deal with them.
Your not alone so please dont suffer in silence when there are people who can succesfully help u thru it.
TAKE CARE:)

Wenjoy
04-12-08, 14:57
I think all of us on this site have experienced at leats one of the above symptoms - we have to try to learn to let go and say "so what....." not worry about "what if....." we will be fine - we just need to stop beating ourselves up and be proud of ourselves - we are here - living through this anxiety nightmare but at least - we are here - we are not giving up!
Love Wenjoy x