PDA

View Full Version : How do I get more sleep???

petmad
01-12-08, 19:56
Hi all

I currently take Citalopram which I do not feel is the reason to not sleeping, I have always struggled with lack of sleep but now am starting to get tired of it!
I wake early hours of the morning and struggle to get back to sleep, then when I do I wake around 6am, still tired and wanting more sleep but no chance, my mind is off and I get a headache tossing and turning trying to switch it off.
Can anyone help or recommend any herbal sleeping meds, don't want to take addictive ones or get that awful drowsy morning feeling after taking them. But I need more sleep...

thanks for reading this!

x

andie73
01-12-08, 20:43
Hi

I got some valerian last year from Holland and Barretts. It's in a liquid form and you put a bit in water half an hour before bedtime. It really worked for me. I only used it a few times because I started to sleep normally again. There are also nytol herbal tablets from the chemists. Holland and Barretts are very good if you ask them they will give you advice as they send their staff on training courses to learn how about the products they sell. Though I would also tell them that you are on medication and perhaps discuss it with your doctor just to be safe.

Hope you get some sleep soon.

amandaj
01-12-08, 21:46
kalms nightime maybe work, and usually can be taken with other medications but best to ask pharmacist good luck

amanda