PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if its Anxiety or not?

davess26
02-12-08, 15:04
Hi Everyone,

I have been searching the internet so much looking for answers but can't really find anything that matches totally the symptoms that I have.

The symptoms are:

1- Vison seems too bright, confused, spaced out and dreamlike.

2- Find it hard to concentrate and focus.

I have these symptoms all the time, from the moment of waking to the moment I fall asleep.

Its really starting to get my down now and make me so frustrated at times, as sometimes I even find it too hard to concentrate on a DVD or a book.

I have had these symptoms for a couple of months now but before the symptoms started I was not stressed and only have become because of these symptoms.

Anyone have any ideas or advice?

Sorry if this question has already been posted but I even having a hard time being able to concentrate and focus on this forum.

LucyA
02-12-08, 15:34
Hi Dave,

You are right in thinking this is anxiety and in fact your symptoms are very common for anxiety sufferers. The reason being that when you have an adrenaline rush (brought on by anxious thoughts) your eyes change so that they notice the tiniest details. This is something that helped us thousands of years ago when we lived in the wild and needed to be aware of the tiniest of movements and it's just a throwback that hasn't gone away. That's why you can't concentrate on one thing and everything seems very bright.

Everything feeling 'dreamlike' is called 'derealization' and is a long term effect of anxiety. Nothing to worry about as they're just symptoms but I understand how frustrating it can be. Have you seen your GP about it? Good luck xxxx

davess26
02-12-08, 16:15
I did see my old GP where I used to live a year ago, as I have had these symptoms on and off over the years.

He tried to put me on SSRI's but I dont feel depressed just annoyed because of the symptoms.

Before the symptoms started this time around I did not feel anxious, is it possible that I did not know that I ws getting anxious and then these symptoms started?

Are there any ways to get rid of the symptoms? As at the moment I dont feel anxious or anything, I just have the problem with my eyes and my concentration.

anna66
03-12-08, 08:44
Hi,
Please don't trawl the internet, you will find answers, but not necessarily the ones you need!
I suffered really badly with the symptoms you describe, I couldn't use a computer, made me feel sick, looking at the tv had the same effect. Crosswords, puzzles, soduko I had no concentration for, it was horrible.
I can say, the symptoms do go......if you accept them for what they are, just the physical symptoms of the state you are in at the moment. Don't dwell on them or be afraid of them, relax, and in time they will just disappear.
x

davess26
13-04-09, 16:44
Hi again,

Its now April and I still have the same vision and concentration problems but I would say they are worse now.

It sometimes gets to the point when I can't seem to focus and understand what I am looking at, at times.

I have seen my GP who has refered me, so I am in the system and waiting now but it is getting to a point where I cannot ignore it anymore and just carry on with work and things, as I actually cannot focus on things properly and cannot do anything I enjoy anymore.

And the problem is, is that I dont really feel anxious about anything just annoyed with the problem as I have had this for a year now, trying to ignore it.

Anymore ideas anyone?

Sorry if there are mistakes in this as I really am struggling to even focus on what I am typing. It almost looks like the begining part of a Migraine all the time but that does not emerge.

Lawton86
13-04-09, 16:55
Hey Dave

I have exactly the same problem as you. I started having anxiety and panic attacks just over 2 weeks ago andever since then i feel constantly spacey and like sum1 has just spun me around 3 times. Everyone in my family is still in the belief it could be a virus or vertigo becuase ive only had it 2 weeks and my doc rekons vertigo too. Do your ears feel full at all? I find it hard to even go to the local shop without starting to hyper venterlate because things looks soo surreal.

Like you i only get annoyed with myself for being like this, i do not feel paniced or anxious most times. I dont know if your the same but when i wake up for the first 10-20 mins i feel fine, then the dizzyness slowly comes back in again...you taking any meds for ur anxiety? also does alchol help? it really helps me but feel so much worse the next day.

davess26
13-04-09, 17:05
I dont feel anxious at all really. I just have spaced out and dreamlike vision together with a total lack of concentration. I have it from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep.

I have had this now for a year and it is showing no signs of getting better only getting worse. It makes no difference if I try to ignore it or if I think about it.

My ears dont feel full or blocked and I am on no medication.

Lawton86
13-04-09, 18:04
Does this feeling make you anxious tho? at the moment i always have this feeling, but at the same time i always have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach because i hate what im feeling and the way im feeling and i never feel hungry at the moment, unless i have just woke up and feel fine for them 10 mins. so i know that alot of it has to be to do with anxiety, im sure that when the anxiety starts to calm down hopefully this will to,