PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new

faraway
02-12-08, 15:58
Hi again! I just posted a 'thread' (?!) but I put it under general anxiety. I think I should have put it under 'introduce yourself'? I am on my own and feeling it, and wondering what on earth I can do to get me out of this mess I am in. I am off sick with work related stress - never been off sick with it before, although I have probably had it many times. But I am in a new and very demanding job, working on my own without support or proper training, and I just can't do it. I could do the no support thing if there was less pressure, I might have been able to do the pressure thing if only I had been given support and adequate training from the start (it's too late now - I feel utterly incapable) but I feel overwhelmed by both hitting me at once. I can't eat, I am looking at other jobs but feel the panic rising at the thought of applying for them, and as for getting to interview - oh help. But I have to work. And everything gets more expensive, and it is freezing today and I am cold. I would love to hear from others in similar situations just to know that I am not alone.

simon1052
02-12-08, 16:23
Hi again! I just posted a 'thread' (?!) but I put it under general anxiety. I think I should have put it under 'introduce yourself'? I am on my own and feeling it, and wondering what on earth I can do to get me out of this mess I am in. I am off sick with work related stress - never been off sick with it before, although I have probably had it many times. But I am in a new and very demanding job, working on my own without support or proper training, and I just can't do it. I could do the no support thing if there was less pressure, I might have been able to do the pressure thing if only I had been given support and adequate training from the start (it's too late now - I feel utterly incapable) but I feel overwhelmed by both hitting me at once. I can't eat, I am looking at other jobs but feel the panic rising at the thought of applying for them, and as for getting to interview - oh help. But I have to work. And everything gets more expensive, and it is freezing today and I am cold. I would love to hear from others in similar situations just to know that I am not alone.
helo , im simon im also of work with stress related illness which seems to add to the stress knowing i have to go back ......... im 39 and have always had bouts of depression , but now i have panic attacks and anxiety , the hope is this site will help but dont seem to be able to find my way round it ... anyway dont feel alone , i would welcome a chat anytime , take care , simon

lorac
02-12-08, 16:32
Hi

Welcome to the site I am sure you will meet many people on here who you can get some good advice and support from

Take care and I hope things get better soon

Carol

weeble40
02-12-08, 19:30
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx