PDA

View Full Version : Hi im new here.

claire1980
02-12-08, 21:11
Hi im new here so just thought I would introduce myself.
Im 28 and ive suffered with health anxiety for about 9 years now.Its really really doing my head in.
It started when I noticed blood on the toilet paper after a bowel movement. I went to the doctors she had a look and diagnosed me with a tear. I was not convinced though and I thought that I had bowel cancer I was that worried that I lost three stone in weight in a month and I was constantly crying and couldnt go out. The doctor referred me to see a counsellor and after two years of this i finally realised it was nothing serious.
Then my anxiety started up again and I thought that I had skin cancer I was convinced that a mole I have got was changing shape and was bleeding, again I went to the doctor, she had a look and confirmed it was nothing.
Then about three years ago I started getting pains in my chest and I was and still think that im going to have a heart attack at any moment ive been to the doctors had an ECG an blood tests and again the results have all been normal.
I have just had enough of this illness now as its affecting my life with my kids and husband.I really am sick of feeling like this. I just want my life back where I feel happy and not worried about my health.

bottleblond
02-12-08, 21:16
Hi Claire

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

You certainly sound like you have classic Health anxiety to me. Take a good read through the forum and stick arounds as i am sure you will get lots of good advice and support here.

Best of luck to you
Lisa
x

Patty
03-12-08, 00:05
Hi Claire,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx

weeble40
04-12-08, 15:22
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
04-12-08, 18:59
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x