PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, newbie here!

BrightestStar
02-12-08, 21:20
Hi everyone

Really glad I found this site, the forum looks like a great resource and place for support - just what I need!

Pretty new to all this.. basically, i was prescribed citalopram yesterday as i had my first visit to my gp to talk about this stuff.

I get insanely panicky before i have to go to work and just work myself up, crying and and feeling scared. I also get what i think is social anxiety. very nervous around groups of people or where the focus is on me. I blush a lot and mess up my words, and get very tense.

Im very nervous about bein on these pills as ive already got some side effects (really dry mouth and yawning constantly. also felt really sick before). Just looking for somewhere i can either vent my emotions and get some advice, as well as hopefully pass on my good mood to others when im having a good day!

should mention ive just been signed off work for 2 weeks so im in a better place than usual right now. trying to ignore the fact that ive told my manager, which makes me feel vulnerable and now she has to do medical stuff for work and i will be contacted by work's healthcare service soon. ugh.

By the way my name is Laura! im 23, I live in Cheshire, UK.. erm.. anything else just ask!!

Hope to get to know you all soon xxx

Veronica H
02-12-08, 21:48
:welcome: Glad you have found us. This is a friendly supportive environment.

Veronica

Patty
03-12-08, 00:11
Hi Laura,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

orangecrush
03-12-08, 02:10
Hi Laura Welcome to NMP its a really nice site :)

weeble40
04-12-08, 15:22
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
04-12-08, 18:58
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x