PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm here!

positive1
03-12-08, 12:28
:flowers:
On the 28th September 2008 I was diagnosed with acute anxiety, which followed my first panic attack. I didn't really know I'd had a panic attack, I just knew that I couldn't breathe and that I was terrified. I ended up in A & E (common occurence I believe).
Since then, my GP has had me on diazepam (low dose) and have been moved onto citalopram. I started on 10mg which I took for 2 weeks, and 13 days ago, my phsychiatrist moved me onto 20mg.
So far, I'm not finding that the citalopram is helping but my GP said it can take 6 - 8 weeks to really kick in. Bring it on!!!!!
My psychiatrist is going to start NLP with me next week, and, I know this journey may be hard, I am determined to understand what's happened, to take advice and work hard at getting better.
I did this to me, I am scared and perpetuating the problem, so I can get myself out of it!

bottleblond
03-12-08, 12:37
Hey Positive

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

Lisa
x

marie1974
03-12-08, 12:46
hello and a jolly welcome to nmp, im pretty sure u will find loads of great advice and support and u will always meet some lovely new friends who will understand u too.
hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Patty
04-12-08, 12:26
Hi Positive1,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

weeble40
04-12-08, 12:37
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
04-12-08, 19:10
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x