PDA

View Full Version : earings

bab
03-12-08, 13:12
yesterda7y i had to take the baby to casualty and when he was in treatment room my pierced earring fell out of my ear onto the floor - what if it fell in body fluid from someone?

Trixie
03-12-08, 13:37
Well I would have hoped you would have cleaned it anyway before putting it back in.

amandaj
03-12-08, 13:48
thats a bit of a sarcastic answer ,but im sure if strelised you will have nothing to worry about
take care amanda

Cathy V
03-12-08, 13:56
I think if it were me and i felt that nervous about wearing the earing again, given what we read about the state of the uk hospital floors, i'd throw them away. Of course if they had real sentimental value, or were really expensive etc, then just do what amanda suggests and sterilize them. There are lots of good sterilising solutions around you can use.

Cathy xxx

bab
03-12-08, 13:58
they are real diamond earrings a present from my mother in law when i got married

i wonder what the best way to clean them is

thoughts and actions
03-12-08, 14:03
hey

try soaking them in some hot water and TCP

But i agree what the other 2 above me say, if you think you will worry wearing them then just keep them for sentimental sake.

x

Cathy V
03-12-08, 14:06
Well they do say anything alcohol based or acidic works, but not sure if that would be good for the diamonds, sorry not much help there, but im sure someone will know what to use.

Cath xxx:)

titchjd
03-12-08, 14:09
Hiya hun ..
You can buy steralising lotion from anywhere that does ear piercings eg Claires...it will get rid of any body fluids etc and wont damage the earing as it is specail made 4 ears x

hope that helps hun xxxxxxx:hugs:

jill
03-12-08, 14:26
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I don't really think that anything that was on the earing that would harm you hunny :hugs: I have not got health anxiety, BUT, I do know how the mind can play with you :hugs:

You have already had some good advice on how to clean the earing, as always from the members of this great site :yesyes: when its clean, it will be just fine and you can wear them again.

Ohhh real diamonds, what a lovely gift, :yesyes:

You take care

LOVE JILLXXX

Trixie
03-12-08, 16:00
thats a bit of a sarcastic answer ,but im sure if strelised you will have nothing to worry about
take care amanda

Yes it did seem like that didn't it? But I am sure she would have normally cleaned them before putting them in her ear so she should be OK.