PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Prescription

xxhazexx
22-06-05, 09:44
Does anyone get there meds on repeat prescriptions?
I used to always get them on repeat but since moving and changing docs the doc i see now will not give me a repeat.
This means that when i need more i have to go see him which means waiting in a stuffy waiting room with no windows and many many people which freaks me out and i just can't do it:(

tattybear
22-06-05, 10:43
Hiya,

Ive been issued a small supply of my meds when my doc wasnt there on the day to see me, but every othertime i see my doc for a new prescription.

They need to do it this way so they can see how you are getting on etc.

I also have a problem with going to the surgery too, but my mum always comes with me, and ours has a system where you call up on the day to get an appointment and each time ive been, im always next in and only normally a couple of other people in the waiting room, so it all helps!

Tatty B xx

Barb
22-06-05, 10:51
I HAVE HAD DIAZAPEM ON REPEAT PRESCRIPTION FOR 20 YEARS. I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SIT IN A SURGERY AS I AM PHOBIC OF DOCTORS AND ANYTHING TO DO WITH HEALTH. PERHAPS IF YOU EXPLAIN TO YOUR DOC HE WILL AT LEAST GIVE YOU ENOUGH FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS AT A TIME.

BARB XXX

xxhazexx
22-06-05, 10:52
HI
My hubby comes with me to the surgery but i'm going through a very bad patch of agrophobia at the moment.
I wouldn't mind but when i've been in t
for them in the past the doctor never asks me any questions and doesn't even look at me:(

tattybear
22-06-05, 11:04
Im lucky enought to have a brill doctor who will listen to me and seems genuinely interested.

Maybe you could acll the surgery (or your hubby ) and explain to them how you are feeling at the moment. Im sure they would be understanding. If your worried bout doing it, ask your hubby too...Maybe they will let you chat to the doc over the phone and as suggested above, issue with a longer supply of meds.

Tatty B xx

chucklehound
22-06-05, 11:31
When you go to the Gp are they checking you blood pressure

or anything because my hubby was getting repeat for a certain

amount of time and then the Dr stopped doing it because they

had to check his blood pressure before giving the prescription

as some medication can affect your blood pressure...

Hope you get it sorted soon.

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

xxhazexx
22-06-05, 12:05
hi steno
No they don't check my blood pressure
Like i said i just go into the room and say that i am low on meds and need more....without even looking up from his desk he goes into the computer and prints out the prescription. The only question he asks is..do i smoke...this has happened with both doctors at the surgery so its not just the one

Meg
22-06-05, 23:49
Next time involve him into a discussion.. Its a government led thing- they are suppossed to review the meds each time to see if they can be reduced or changed to something more effective..

In reality its meant a huge amount more appts for very little change. What meds are you on ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

xxhazexx
23-06-05, 10:42
Hi meg
I'm on cipramil 20mg
Managed to ring the doc and he's doing me a prescription for my husband to pick up for me..ok i know its avoiding my fears but have been on and off these tablets and experiencing bad anxiety so need to take them regularly again to be able to manage to get my life back on track