PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop trying to think myself better??

Pippage
04-12-08, 10:21
I know it is counter productive but I keep trying to think myself better??
Like think of another person and how they 'be' ???
Any tips on how to stop doing this? As I know it is just tiring my mind more!

Cheeky220
04-12-08, 10:37
I am the same i always look around at people and think how are they managing to be. so annoying. also i keep thinking how have i manged to be or say live all these years if that makes sense? also feels like it never happened.

Pippage
04-12-08, 11:06
Hi there Cheeky,

I had meant to message you as I have seen your DP posts and that you are in the UK.
It's really strange, I have even done it with cartoon characters which is really mental???
Argh!!

Sax
04-12-08, 11:13
:shades: I don't think this is necessarily counter productive because positive thinking is the key to preventing negativity, so if you 'think' how would so and so act or say in this situation so long as you like the person or switch people if you don't then this might actually help you! :hugs:

Pippage
04-12-08, 12:01
Nah you've misunderstood, I'm not talking about how they act in a certain situation, but how they 'be' at all........

amu
04-12-08, 12:22
I get this too, isn't this part of DP?

Pippage
04-12-08, 15:03
I believe so, just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to think more healthily?

Sax
04-12-08, 15:23
Nah you've misunderstood, I'm not talking about how they act in a certain situation, but how they 'be' at all........

how they 'be' ???????

Pippage
04-12-08, 15:37
how they 'be' ???????

i.e. 'ok so they get up, get dressed go downstairs' blah blah