PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done?

Cheeky220
04-12-08, 10:33
I suffered with severe level anxiety 3 years ago when at university. I spent months in bed completely disabled by this. this was also fueld with bad depersonalisation/derealisation completely didnt think i wud be normal ever again! i didnt even know it was anxiety and finally when i was diagnosed i was put on seroxat. side effects were horrendous going onto this however i was instructed to take it. i beared with it and started to slowly feel better. about 2 months or so and i was back to complete normality if not even better, calm, no worries, happy, confident. I was on this medication for 2 and a half years and very slowly weaned myself off over half a year so thats how slowly! had no side effects until 3 months later i started noticing tigtness in stomach in the morning, tension headaches at work and anxious when shopping. Nothing i felt i could not manage with. Had a few life problems e.g relationship breakup and a month after this i am back to this severe anxious disorder that i had. Depersonalisation/derealisation symptoms back with full force if not worse than before. was put on citalopram howerer this made me worse and was taken off after 3 weeks. i am now not on medication at all but suffering terribly. is there anyway this can be overcome without medication??as my body does not react well to medication. :weep: would really like to hear peoples views. also where has this all come from stopping the med ?or the life problems? or me just being a hopeless case that it comes from knowhere??

HeatherMc
04-12-08, 10:47
Hiya

Feetl more or less in the same boat, don't kow what to say to you hun, I am currently on Citalopram, its horrible doesn't seem to be doing anything for me, but giving me horrible nightmares and weird thoughts, after six weeks I thought things would improve for me, I am off work and desperately want to return and be normal again, I am knackered all the time so unmotivated just about managing to function also my symptoms seem to have returned the early morning waking, visual disturbances etc.

I am forcing myself to go out and shop but manging to try and wash cook clean of a fashion, just so bloomin fed up with it all, I am thinking of sacking the meds and trying to do it alone ie maybe with herbal remedies and relaxation or something, a woman has advised Rieki, just want my life back.

Keep your chin up love, its all we can do at the moment, thinking of you.

Lots of Love

Heather

john jc
04-12-08, 21:47
hello i dont know what i doing on here but can you help me please
i has very bad panic

john jc
04-12-08, 21:49
hello are you there and can you help me please

john jc
04-12-08, 21:50
:hugs:

hello are you there and can you help me please

mabel
04-12-08, 21:53
Hey john, You OK mate?

How are you feeling. Tell me a bit more about yourself.

Mabel xxx

john jc
04-12-08, 21:55
im have been aggraphobic for 3 years now and i have panic attacks with make me dizzy and black out. i have been see someone but it haven't work it hard to get out off my house which it been like that for 3 years and can't take it anymore it doing my head in i dont think i will ever get better it is so hard work trying to get out off my house

john jc
04-12-08, 21:56
:yesyes:
hello im 28 years old and i have 3 boys

Hey john, You OK mate?

How are you feeling. Tell me a bit more about yourself.

Mabel xxx

john jc
04-12-08, 21:58
how doind i talk to you i have just joint now and i dont know anythink about how to use this

mabel
04-12-08, 22:01
Ok. Don't worry. The site gets a bit of getting used to!

The chat room is good and more instant.

This site is great! People really understand. I dont have agrophobia but suffer from anxiety and depression, so I do know what its like to panic.

I'm going to send you a private message. It will appear (hopefully) at the top left under your username and login thing.

Mabel xxx

john jc
04-12-08, 22:05
how do i talk to you and how do you send a paivait

mabel
04-12-08, 22:41
Hi Cheeky!

Its a crap feeling! With me I found meds helped me to a point. You might just need a different one. You've got to find the one thats right for you. I've tried a few meds and have eventually found one that helps me.

You also need to ask your doctor about other treatment e.g counselling or congnitive behavioural therapy. Again, its got to be with the right person. I've seen some that were useless! I did find someone who worked for me though! Keep trying!

Its tough but you'll get there in the end. You WILL get better! You just need someone to teach you the skills to do it.

Mabel xxx