PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

lulu1
04-12-08, 11:29
Hi, My name is Louise and I am 37 years old. I have recently moved house to be nearer my family due to my worsening health. I have recently been diagnosed with agoraphobia, a condition I have never suffered with before. When my husband leaves for work in the morning, I panic and cannot stay on my own in the house, I do not like my house at the moment, and I have to go to my mum's, she lives only 5 mins away.

I suffer a lot with panic attacks and cannot see an end to this suffering. I am not doing any housework and find that I am just sitting around in the company of others, anything not to be on my own. I feel physically sick when I have to leave my house. I feel relief when I am at my mum's and sheer terror when I have to go home. I feel that I am the only person walking around the town that the town is totally empty. Can anyone else relate to this, it would be nice to hear any tips that you might have. Many thanks, Lou.

bottleblond
04-12-08, 11:43
Hi Louise

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

You will get lots of support and advice here!

Lisa
x

:bighug1:

weeble40
04-12-08, 12:40
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
04-12-08, 19:04
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Patty
04-12-08, 19:19
Hi Lulu1,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

There are times that I am also afraid to stay in the house on my own. I think that night time is more difficult for me than day time. The way I cope with it is that I keep myself as busy as I can and try to really concentrate on doing anything other than thinking about how scared I feel. I know that it's easier said than done and the fear can be so overwhelming. I also would get a dread if I have to leave the house - although when I actually get out I find it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I also find that the more often that you do something/go somewhere the easier it gets.

I hope it helps to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

Best wishes xx :bighug1: