PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Legs Now!!

Purple Fish
04-12-08, 11:38
Hi there!

I feel like I`m really managing my anxiety at the mo (which is worse at the time of the month!). Over the last two days though my lower legs have started itching. I`ve had this before and it always seems to be when I`m doing OK. When I mentioned it to my doc he said he wasn`t concerned about it and then eventually it went away. Now it`s back again! I don`t have a rash just tingly, itchy legs!

Arrrrggghhhh!! :ohmy:

Tanya xx

Stressed92
04-12-08, 11:56
Hi Tanya
I get this too, it's annoying, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. Try putting a cold flannel on them :hugs:
Hope they stop itching soon lol
Amy
x

Door_Badger
04-12-08, 13:55
I read somewhere about symptom switching with regards to anxiety / panic attacks - basically the body's way of being cruel!

Essentially when you get used to / desensitized to something, the anxiety will appear in a different way. Reading this made a huuuuge difference to me earlier in the year, as my palpitations had receded but I was getting chest pains (muscular as it turns out :D ) instead.

The best part about the article is that symptom switching is normally encountered when the person in question is ercovering well and is almost "back to normal"

I will see if I can find the link to the article :D

Door_Badger
04-12-08, 14:04
Here we go - hopefully make you feel as good as I did when I read it:

http://www.anxietynetwork.com/pdshift.html

Kind Regards,

Dave

Purple Fish
04-12-08, 16:08
Hi Badger,

Wow thank you soo much I`ll take at look and let you know. I definately feel sooo much better so it would make sense!

Thanks again
Tanya :hugs: xx

Door_Badger
04-12-08, 16:15
No problem Tanya - hope it helps

Regards,

Dave

Purple Fish
04-12-08, 16:18
Hi Badger!

I`m quick aren`t I?! I`ve read the script from the link and printed it off. I`ll take it to my doctor when I next see him. It`s very interesting and seems to make sense!

Thanks again!

Tanya x :yesyes:

Door_Badger
04-12-08, 16:45
Hee hee

Happy I could help Tanya

:D

Dave