PDA

View Full Version : Helicobactor Pylori and acid reflux.

Jan63
04-12-08, 12:30
I am stressing again.:weep:

I started having a bit of indigestion and heartburn about 3 months ago and the doctor did some bloodtests for FBC and liver and the Helicobactor one and the first two were fine but the helicobactor came back positive but he said not to worry cos he would give me antibiotics to wipe it out. So I took the seven day course which consisted of penicillin and Metronidazole but then I got some pains a few weeks after and got myself into a state because I lost a bit of mucous.:huh: I went back to the doctor and saw a different doctor and she thought it was anxiety and said they wouldn't do anything for 6 weeks. Well my stomach settled down again but what bothers me is that I am still getting the acid reflux although it's only a mild burning in my chest and doesn't really bother me but it's scaring me a bit why it's still happening when I have been treated for the helibcobactor thing.:huh: It's usually worse in the morning but seems to wear off through the day but I take an omeprazole capsule in the morning so maybe this is why. It's five weeks since I finished the antibiotics.:unsure:

Has anybody else had treatment for this but still got the acid reflux? I have done a terrible thing and googled and saw there is a slight risk of stomach cancer.:weep:

I have a doctors appointment tonight with another different doctor so going to mention it to her.

jannnne
04-12-08, 16:40
Hello, thank you - you have the same symptoms as me. I had acid reflux and helicobacter pylori had a two week course of pills, (had it 5 years ago too, took ages to settle). I still have bad heartburn and am off to have endoscopy on 30 dec. I am worried its cancer too. Am off the the docs tomorrow as I have to come of my acid pill two weeks before endoscopy and am worried how I will cope. I have manage not to google any symptoms this time. I am very worried but not climbing the walls yet, give me time though. Keep me posted really interested to hear what your doc says to you.

Jan63
04-12-08, 17:57
Well the doctor wasn't that interested to be honest - the surgery was busy and I felt she just wanted to get me out and get the next patient in.:weep: She has given me some more omeprazole and put me on Citalopram after me asking if there was anything she could give me to calm me down a bit then I wouldn't get so anxious. She has prescribed the 20mg tablets but I just have to take 1/2 tablet for the first 4 days and then take a whole tablet after that. She said that they don't suit everyone and that I have to book in to see the other doctor in 3 weeks because you have to be monitored on them.:unsure: Don't like the sound of the side effects to be honest but I've just taken my first 1/2.:huh:

Jan63
04-12-08, 18:00
Hello, thank you - you have the same symptoms as me. I had acid reflux and helicobacter pylori had a two week course of pills, (had it 5 years ago too, took ages to settle). I still have bad heartburn and am off to have endoscopy on 30 dec. I am worried its cancer too. Am off the the docs tomorrow as I have to come of my acid pill two weeks before endoscopy and am worried how I will cope. I have manage not to google any symptoms this time. I am very worried but not climbing the walls yet, give me time though. Keep me posted really interested to hear what your doc says to you.
Good luck with the endoscopy.:hugs: I'm sure everything will be okay.:hugs: Is that where they put the camera down your throat?

jannnne
05-12-08, 08:05
Yes it is, but worse I have to stop taking my pills on 17 dec so they can see if they are masking anything nasty. Dreading xmas now... Good luck with you too, keep me posted lots of love xx