PDA

View Full Version : NO appetite and really fnny taste in my mouth.

yanksforever
04-12-08, 15:25
Ok this is gonna sond weird bt like 8 days ago I suddenly woke up thinking that Im gonna lose my appetite soon. I would eat bt after eating wonder if I liked it at all?? Anyway 4 days ago I got horrible indigestion. Woke up, had a rumbly feeling in my stomach and tons of gas...when to the bathroom and the stool was very loose and yellow...I KNOW SERIUOSLY TMI, sorry.

Since that morning I've lost my appetite. I've barely eaten the past 4 days. This morning I woke up and my stomach was completelyyyyy empty. I had those hunger pains but NO appetite. I barely had breakfast, no lunch, an apple, and then half my dinner.

I also have a horrible taste in my mouth...it's hard to describe. Idk if it's on my tounge or in my spit but it's like cholorine? My mouth tastes like a combo of bitter and sweet...like I've eaten bitter pistachhios..

None of what I wrote made sense. Ok and I also had a nightmare 2 nights ago and someone was like "you're gonna have liver failure". That shook me up since I've had a high LFT before but gosh...it's far from liver failure!!!! (btw I dont drink or smoke, and Im only 19)

I think that's been in the corner of my mind too.

Please help.:weep:

Door_Badger
04-12-08, 16:29
I fully understand what you mean, I suffer from anxiety and haven't got much of an appetite at the moment either. I have been suffering from reflux and regurgitation for a while as well, which contributes to the nasty taste and an unwillingness to eat.

The best thing to do (At least - I think so :D ) is to eat something simple, maybe some soup and a buttered roll and work from there, and maybe get some multi vitamins if you really aren't eating much (though they are NO substitute for a balanced diet)

As for the liver failure, it's heart failure with me, and the more you think about it, the worse you'll feel

The best advice I can give is to try and concentrate on something else, like do a crossword, play a computer game or even post here! I find that concentrating on something else can make other things disappear from the forefront of the brain, and you may even find yourself wanting a bite to eat if you can distract yourself enough!

Anyway - don't worry too much about it (I know it's easy to say, and difficult to do) and above all try to STAY POSITIVE!

Kind regards,

Dave

yanksforever
06-12-08, 14:00
Well the bad taste has gone away, digestion is a bit better (before I had bloatedness and toooooo much gas!) but I still don't have much of an appetite. I did manage to have a breakfast though, so thats good.

Also, does lack of eating cause less bowel movements too? I went yesterday but not today.

Jan63
06-12-08, 14:04
I wonder if you could have acid reflux like I have and that's why you don't want to eat because I have the same problem although I'm on omeprazole capsules for it now but it does sound very similar to what I have - I always have it when I get up in the morning and I have also had the bloated feeling too.:huh:

june
06-12-08, 14:09
What you feel:

Sometimes you just don’t feel like eating, or the thought of food is unappealing. Or, that even though you are eating, the food has no taste or is unsatisfying.

You have a persistent ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’ smell in your nose, or you taste it often and it’s not from your food or environment. Often it’s just there, but you can’t figure out why

What causes this:

Similar to the other stomach related symptoms, loss of appetite is a result of an upset stomach due to the sustained increase in digestive action. Loss of taste occurs because taste buds are nerves, and an over stimulated nervous system can send false signals to the brain which means that sometimes we can experience odd, dulled or incorrect sensory perceptions (since our receptive senses are controlled and interpreted by the nervous system). The loss of taste because of this miscommunication or misinterpretation by the over stimulated nervous does occur. This is another example of how we can receive incorrect or inaccurate sensory perceptions because of an over stimulated nervous system.

The only remedy for this symptom is rest so that the nervous system can regain its health.
I found this in "symptoms" on the left of the screen - hope it helps
best wishes
june:hugs: