PDA

View Full Version : Train Journey

Alton
22-06-05, 10:56
Well today is the day. I have to get a train from Bristol to Portsmouth. Went for a hypnotherapy session this morning so feeling ok now. But I'm worrying that I will suddenly start to panic at the last minute. Oh well - no going back now. I will survive and it won't kill me even if I don't like it. I often wonder if part of my problem is just that I don't like doing things that I find boring so I use my panic as an excuse!!! Anyway, I'm waffling now. But I get the train at 1.20pm so please send me good thoughts. I will also go into the chat room tonight and let you know how I got on and would appreciate it if someone was there for me to talk to!!! Thanks guys.
Here I go!!!!

lainey
22-06-05, 11:01
Hi Alton

Good luck with your train journey, take a good book to read for ditraction or a magazine, I'm sure you will be fine.

Take care

Elaine x

chucklehound
22-06-05, 11:06
You will be absolutely fine. It's the build up that makes it seem worse. Try not to worry too much about it and let us know how you get on...

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

pips
22-06-05, 11:52
Good luck hun you can do it!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

pinkscrumpy
22-06-05, 13:40
Good luck Alton. We know you can do it

Big hug

MANDIE XX

andrew
22-06-05, 14:35
hi alton, good luck with the train journey .. tc andrew

zena
22-06-05, 15:41
Alton....you'll be fine. Lets us know how you get on.

with good wishes

Zena

Karen
22-06-05, 18:23
Hope the journey went well Alton.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
22-06-05, 18:45
Hi Alton, hope things went OK, there will definitly be someone in chat after 7.30 i usually go in but its often later, hope you ok love Alexis,x

Alton
22-06-05, 19:34
Well - I did it!! I went with a friend so it wasn't that bad. I didn't throw up at all (I normally do whe I'm really nervous about doing something) and I only panicked once but it only lasted about 5 mins.
But of course now I'm here I'm worrying about the journey back! I have to do that on my own and I'm thinking the only reason I managed it today was because I was with my friend. But I'm not going to think about that right now. Just that I did it today.

LisaS
22-06-05, 19:44
well done you!!

be proud and enjoy this moment!!

Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

seh1980
22-06-05, 21:00
Well done Alton - a big CONGRATS to you!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
22-06-05, 23:05
Well done Alton.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
22-06-05, 23:09
Nice one Alton.. Good day. Your friend provided distraction , make sure you take plenty or find someone who wants to tell you their life story - thats a great help sometimes

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

stimpy
23-06-05, 02:21
Congratuations Alton !

I think you coped very well indeed.

Once you learn to cope with the train journeys they will get easier.

Well done hun

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

pips
23-06-05, 12:23
That's Brill WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

psycho2000
23-06-05, 15:37
Well done Alton.

I used to have lots of worries and anxiety about travelling on the train before. But now, I know how to cope with it. The important thing to do if you do indeed start feeling a PA coming up, is to relax completely, almost phase yourself out of the world so to speak, and breathe as slow as you can and concentrate only on that. You will see that you won't be scared of a PA so much. That's one of the things that worry us most, being scared of having a panic attack. Well if we know we can control it when it does come, then we will be less scared, and if we're less scared, we are less likely to be anxious, and therefore, less likely to have a PA. That's my main trick anyway and I like to call this the white spiral :D

Sam.

One day, one day I will beat u and that day, I will be free again, as I was before...

leo05
24-06-05, 12:37
thats brill WELL DONE be proud of yourself [Wow!][Yeah!] [8D]:D

nomorepanic
24-06-05, 20:31
Alton

A big well done - you are braver than me - I have yet to face a train again!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"