PDA

View Full Version : doctor managed to add to my anxiety!

redballoons
04-12-08, 15:48
hi
well i just got out of hospital, I went for a routine growth scan because my son was a little small and I am now 28 weeks pregnant with this baby.

scan went fine until they did my blood pressure etc, which was high then the midwife said " your hearts a little fast ill get the doctor" apparently my heart was going 140 bpm. so the doctor came in and said - your heart is fast youll have to see a cardiologist and you will need to stay in and have more tests. Oh and " have your eyes always stuck out that much":ohmy:

she told me she was convinced there was something wrong withe me and that anxiety wouldnt cause those symptoms.

so I was admitted and hooked up to a hundred machines, had an ECG more blood test than I can count, 4 hourly blood pressure check etc.

can you guess the diagnosis?

ANXIETY.:roflmao:oh and those ARE just my normal eyes (great)

anyway regardless of that i did have signs of the start of preeclampsia so i am now pretty much going there constantly but in a wierd way it was nice to knwo that my heart etc is all fine! i think i have had pretty much every test I could have lol

sophie

andie73
04-12-08, 18:20
Hi Sophie

Just as well you have a sense of humour. Eyes sticking out....cheek!!!!! There are nicer ways of asking people stuff like that...tho I can't think what lol.

At least you have the all clear form the doctors, never mind your eyes at least your hearts ok lol.

Take care and ood luck with the little one.

jenny123
08-12-08, 12:34
just to say that high heart rate,bulging eyes (sorry,sure yours are lovely) are symptons of thyroid problems that also cause anxiety,so they may have wanted to rule out that.....good luck with the babba

titch
08-12-08, 15:34
Aww it must of been an awful feeling going through all that...but atleast everythings ok and clear... hugs and love to you and baby...xxx:hugs: :bighug1:

redballoons
08-12-08, 16:47
hi
yes they did do tests for thyroid problems, she said they were borderline but certainly wouldnt cause the symptoms I had (plus i am pregnant whcich aparently can alter results a bit anyway)

I am pleased in a way that everything is ok but in another way it horrible that anxiety can make you feel so rubbish!

sophie